The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1300
adilmorrison
You received the postcard back or information on which accommodation you'd been allocated... The latter would be rather unusual... To answer the orignal question, I think there is some variation, my postcard said September 7th, whereas others have been told dates in August for example...

Mine said September 7th, too. But since I get my exams results in June I hope they can allocate me earlier than that... I sooo need to book my flight:s-smilie:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Meela
Mine said September 7th, too. But since I get my exams results in June I hope they can allocate me earlier than that... I sooo need to book my flight:s-smilie:

I was thinking along similar lines... But I have my exam results already, so I would have thought they'd be able to allocate me at least a little bit earlier than the bulk of people who get their results in August...
adilmorrison
You received the postcard back or information on which accommodation you'd been allocated... The latter would be rather unusual... To answer the orignal question, I think there is some variation, my postcard said September 7th, whereas others have been told dates in August for example...

Ooooh yea, my bad! I didn't read it properly lol yea that was when I received my post card back - but mine said september the 4th, whoop whoop lol x
Also, completely off topic, has anyone used google street view yet? I was looking at UCL using it, and yesterday they had a view down the little drive thing from gower street, but now that image has been removed - I just noticed that there's some sort of police thing going on outside so maybe that was why lol x
Reply 1304
tomangegi
Also, completely off topic, has anyone used google street view yet? I was looking at UCL using it, and yesterday they had a view down the little drive thing from gower street, but now that image has been removed - I just noticed that there's some sort of police thing going on outside so maybe that was why lol x

Yeah, I noticed that, you can just go down the street one click and then zoom - so it's a bit pointless really.
tomangegi

I saw that when I looked yesterday, amused me somewhat. Every few weeks the transport police do a spot check on everyone getting off the buses at the stop outside the main UCL quad to find people who haven't bought tickets/swiped their oyster. Anyone who's caught gets their details taken down and possible fines or something (Dunno, don't get the bus too often, and I pay when I do). Unfortunately google decided to take their pictures the same day as the spot check was going on, didn't give the best impression of UCL really.

Oh, and they do these kind of spot checks all over the place, so it's not just UCL being targeted!

C-
Meg_Lili
I saw that when I looked yesterday, amused me somewhat. Every few weeks the transport police do a spot check on everyone getting off the buses at the stop outside the main UCL quad to find people who haven't bought tickets/swiped their oyster. Anyone who's caught gets their details taken down and possible fines or something (Dunno, don't get the bus too often, and I pay when I do). Unfortunately google decided to take their pictures the same day as the spot check was going on, didn't give the best impression of UCL really.

Oh, and they do these kind of spot checks all over the place, so it's not just UCL being targeted!

C-

Ah i see lol I was wondering what was happening! I'll make sure I pay then lol x
Reply 1307
Is it possible to go to intercollegiate halls and share? cos i want to go intercollegiate but dont want to spend 150 p/w for a single room. cheers
am i being REALLY dumb but what is intercollegiate?? whats the difference..
Are the breakfasts and lunches provided at Intercollegiate halls included in the price for accommodation?
Reply 1310
Beatrix Potter
am i being REALLY dumb but what is intercollegiate?? whats the difference..

Halls for all colleges of the University of London - kings, ucl, qm etc

Capocrimini
Are the breakfasts and lunches provided at Intercollegiate halls included in the price for accommodation?

yes meals are included - I believe it's only 2 meals a day - breakfast and dinner, but you may want to check that.
Capocrimini

Breakfast, 8am-9am I think.
And dinner.
hi guys,i just wonder
coz there is no any place in the application form that you can directly fill in which particular hall you prefer to ,so how can the uni know about that ?

and i heard that it is not easy to get the preference place you want is that rite?
kelvinzeyu
hi guys,i just wonder
coz there is no any place in the application form that you can directly fill in which particular hall you prefer to ,so how can the uni know about that ?

and i heard that it is not easy to get the preference place you want is that rite?

Just write it in the empty spaces. So on the front and and on the back everywhere lol
Inflation
Just write it in the empty spaces. So on the front and and on the back everywhere lol

Seriously?does that work? :smile:
Reply 1315
kelvinzeyu
Seriously?does that work? :smile:

It worked for me last year, but one swallow doesn't make a summer.

seriously though, if they have two forms both ticking the same boxes, but one with astor scrawled all over it and one just filled in regular, who are they gonna give the last place at astor too?
tomangegi
Ooooh yea, my bad! I didn't read it properly lol yea that was when I received my post card back - but mine said september the 4th, whoop whoop lol x

So you'll hear three days before me! xD
[QUOTE='[stephanie]']So you'll hear three days before me! xD

I think the dates are the *latest* by which you should hear...
I've got an offer for Linguistics :smile: SOOOO pleased!

There's a lot of discussion in regards to shared rooms; does Ramsay and Ifor have shared rooms, or all single?
Reply 1319
Did somebody post a link to a google map with all the UCl accomodations on it, or did I imagine that? I know where a few are but I just wanted to see how far out some of the others are.

Latest