The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

manchester will be offering actuarial science as of this year. have you thought of that?
RumpyPumpy
, some lecturers aren't great, but most are really good, especially the guys who do the financial mathematics courses.

Spill . . . spill the beans. I wanna hear more :biggrin:
Reply 22
Hermaphrodite, I'm assuming that you do maths at Manchester considering that you spoke about Nige Ray in a positive way in another thread, I won't disrespect him. I don't wanna feel your wrath. Although I must say he was pretty good.

I wouldn't say any lecturers are bad, but they could be a lot better, in the case of one, a lot, lot, lot better. This lecturer put things on the exam which he never taught us and it was something we wouldn't have known from another module. He never listened to the students complaints about his small writing, he would simply write huge for 2 lines and then go back to his usual small writing, which was really annoying. I won't name him, but you'll know who it is if you take any of his courses. He was based at the UMIST campus if you want a clue.

Another UMIST lecturer probably knew less about the course than any of the students did, he put a question on the exam which had absolutely nothing to do with any of the course, it was a double integration question on a paper which should have had nothing to do with calculus. Also I needed him to speak to another lecturer about something which was urgent, he never did speak to him.

Another UMIST lecturer, you can probably see a theme here, actually asked out 2 friends of mine together, although he was a good lecturer.

And another UMIST lecturer told us that the exam paper was the easiest he had ever written, and considering the past papers were easy, I revised very little for it. When everybody opened the paper during the exam, there was a universal groan due it being so hard.

I'll leave it at that, but these few are a minority compared to all the other ones.

Hermaphrodite, let me know if you think you can guess any.
RumpyPumpy
Hermaphrodite, I'm assuming that you do maths at Manchester considering that you spoke about Nige Ray in a positive way in another thread, I won't disrespect him. I don't wanna feel your wrath. Although I must say he was pretty good.

Nobody disses Prof. Ray :cool:

See PM.

Latest