1. sin^2x + cos^2x = 1

2. 1 + tan^2x = sec^2x

i.e. A man (1) plus a tan is sexy

3. 1 + cot^2x = cosec^2x

i.e. A man plus a coat is cosy

Voilà, c'est tout ~~hope it helps
ciao
:smile:leopard

Lolz. Perhaps that may help. There's so many formulae in Math/FM that i would have to memorise a medium sized novel word for word if I were to remember everything like that o_O.
Thanks.
Reply 2
FM=further maths? omg, when i went on exchange to england, the maths was sooo hard! i'm from australia btw~~there was pure and some other stream..oh mechanics, that's it. I think i went to an upper 6th class though; i was b/w lower and upper at the time, and studying Ext 1 maths back home~~have dropped it now and am much happer--jsut doing adv maths :smile:

yeh for all the FM/ext maths whatever, it's prob no help at all...but i jsut freak out whenever i see trig stuff, so the cute rhyme helped :smile:
Reply 3
I can never remember are those sinA+sinB = 2sin[(A+B)/2]cos[(A-B)/2] ones. One of my teachers knows them backwards and always pulls them out of the hat when we're doing stuff like P3 integration. She's damn good at maths.
Reply 4
SsEe
I can never remember are those sinA+sinB = 2sin[(A+B)/2]cos[(A-B)/2] ones. One of my teachers knows them backwards and always pulls them out of the hat when we're doing stuff like P3 integration. She's damn good at maths.

I'd hope your maths teacher was good at A-level maths, since she's teaching it and all...
I can never remember the sinAcosB ones (all that cos semi-sum, sine semi difference crap).

Ben
Reply 5
Ben.S.
I'd hope your maths teacher was good at A-level maths, since she's teaching it and all...
I can never remember the sinAcosB ones (all that cos semi-sum, sine semi difference crap).

Ben

i dont bother memorising them, just how to derive them. that way i might waste a minute or two of exam time and a side of paper, but i will have all 16 written down for further use.

Latest