The Student Room Group

extra ps for Land Econ....i need advice..plz

The exceptional reputation of Cambridge University is the first thing that appealed to me when I started thinking of my application. Land Economy was a brand-new subject to me; but soon I found this combination couldn’t be more attractive after looking into it. I like the approach of Cambridge’s collegiate system. Since Maths has always had a fascination for me, I believe that I am capable of taking an economics oriented course after my A-levels. For China the environment problem is a hard nut to crack due to its enormous population. It is also a global concern in the twenty-first century. This problem has to be solved by an approach that involves from the social sciences. Economics is the study of the allocation of resources, which is often involved in Law. They are both disciplines qualities with on impact on all aspects of social life. Environment, Law and Economics form a major triangle for society as they are supporting each other all the time.I am looking forward to this callange and will definitely enjoy it,as I do all my studies.

any opinion and advice plz!!
tiarakaka
The exceptional reputation of Cambridge University is the first thing that appealed to me when I started thinking of my application. Land Economy was a brand-new subject to me; but soon I found this combination couldn’t be more attractive after looking into it. I like the approach of Cambridge’s collegiate system. Since Maths has always had a fascination for me, I believe that I am capable of taking an economics oriented course after my A-levels. For China the environment problem is a hard nut to crack due to its enormous population. It is also a global concern in the twenty-first century. This problem has to be solved by an approach that involves from the social sciences. Economics is the study of the allocation of resources, which is often involved in Law. They are both disciplines qualities with on impact on all aspects of social life. Environment, Law and Economics form a major triangle for society as they are supporting each other all the time.I am looking forward to this callange and will definitely enjoy it,as I do all my studies.

TBH it's a bit dull, it needs proof-reading and cutting. I would suggest that you just cut the whole lot. The person reading it already knows what law and economics are about (they'll be a professor in land economy at one of the most prestigious unis in the world). If you have nothing important to say then just leave the space blank.

MB
Reply 2
musicboy
TBH it's a bit dull, it needs proof-reading and cutting. I would suggest that you just cut the whole lot. The person reading it already knows what law and economics are about (they'll be a professor in land economy at one of the most prestigious unis in the world). If you have nothing important to say then just leave the space blank.

MB

wot should i cut off, all of it? can u tell me wot should i talk about .....plz...

thank u!
tiarakaka
wot should i cut off, all of it? can u tell me wot should i talk about .....plz...

thank u!

the additional statement is not compulsory. If you have nothing interesting to say (not many people have interesting stuff to say) then just leave the space blank. Your statement at the moment is, unfortunately, not worth the paper it's written on.

MB
tiarakaka

I think there is a lot of good stuff there, but you skip very rapidly from one theme to another. Why not see if you can make a more fluent presentation? Try to make on subject lead on to the next.
Reply 5
oldthrashbarg
I think there is a lot of good stuff there, but you skip very rapidly from one theme to another. Why not see if you can make a more fluent presentation? Try to make on subject lead on to the next.

thanks, i found that as well, just the space is too small,so i was trying to show all my point.... will try to improve...

thanks!
Reply 6
musicboy
the additional statement is not compulsory. If you have nothing interesting to say (not many people have interesting stuff to say) then just leave the space blank. Your statement at the moment is, unfortunately, not worth the paper it's written on.

MB

just wanna try to say sth about my understanding to this course and myself... coz just like there is a ball coming towards u and i have to catch anyway...
Reply 7
tiarakaka
Naturally the exceptional reputation of Cambridge University is the first thing that appealed to me when I started thinking of my application, whilst Land Economy was a brand-new subject to me; I found this combination couldn’t be more attractive. I like the approach of the collegiate system in that it provides a smaller friendlier living environment [or some other reason, but given at least one!]. [ Since Maths has always had a fascination for me, I believe that I am capable of taking an economics oriented course after my A-levels. What does this sentence say for your application, it's seemingly unrelated to anything ] [For China the environment problem is a hard nut to crack due to its enormous population. It is also a global concern in the twenty-first century. This problem has to be solved by an approach that involves from the social sciences. Economics is the study of the allocation of resources, which is often involved in Law. They are both disciplines qualities with on impact on all aspects of social life. Environment, Law and Economics form a major triangle for society as they are supporting each other all the time. This section seems disjoint and not necessarily of much worth. If you have some kind of socio-political convictions motivating you to study Land Econ then you should be saying so much more clearly, currently you just seem to be explaining what LE is.]I am looking forward to this challenge and will definitely enjoy it,as I do all my studies. [The last clause is far too cheesey, you need a better ending!]

Alaric.
Reply 8
haha, my PS sounds rili bad,i think i'd better think not to put it down....
anyway, thank u for all ur help!!!!
wish me a luck.plz.....

:smile:
Reply 9
tiarakaka
haha, my PS sounds rili bad,i think i'd better think not to put it down....
anyway, thank u for all ur help!!!!
wish me a luck.plz.....

:smile:

Good luck!
Scrap it ans start again. Don't sum up academic disciplines in short sentences. Try not to use colloquialisms or platitudes and if you want to make a comment on China then be more subtle and draw reference to a particular writer your thought has given insight on to that issue.

That way you also, in part get to guide your interview.

Good Luck.

Latest

Trending

Trending