The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I think a good tip for starters is to avoid slang and sloppiness (e.g. J'suis pas or T'es/T'as), I've been told you would be marked down for this!
Reply 2
Being able to speak fluent French would help. Other than that, just know your stuff because they can ask some random questions.
Reply 3
Converse with your french assistant formally on it- it will hopefully build confidence and give you new vocabulary!
Reply 4
I guess lots of debating/ opinion phrases. I'm doing mine on Euthanasia too- you for or against it?

I suppose learn your speech bit at the beginning really well, and throw in lots of good grammer etc, because in some ways thats the only bit you can properly prepare for, so you might as well try and get as many marks in that as possible!
I'm doing for. Yeah that's a good idea I suppose. What about you?
Yeah, look up some debating phrases that can buy you a bit of time and make it sound like you know the language well.

In my book, the most important thing is knowing your verbs and conjugations inside out, because when the pressure's on it's easy to mangle or forget pretty basic conjugations cos youve been concentrating on your topic or something...this'll give a really strong base for a good mark, so get learning them!
Reply 7
Yeah I'm for as well!

Actually, I'd agree with spartakist's point about verb conjugations. I know it's something I lose the ability to do when I'm under pressure so I probably need to do some more work on that!

Latest

Trending

Trending