The Student Room Group

the chances of geting conditional offer from CASS MSC managment, Aston MSC marketing

My friend she is now in her final year in the university of Kent. and now she is going to apply for master for this year sep entry. the Final degree grade is pending , so she only can use the expected grade to apply universities atm.
the problem is the expected grade is actually based on the second year mark, but she didn't do very good in her second year, only got a 2:2 ,( avearge 56 mark ), which means her expected grade shoud be around high 2:2 to 2:1 . and now she wants to apply the CASS MSC managemen or Aston MSC marketing . does anyone know the chances for her to get the conditional offer from CASS or Aston ?
Reply 1
The only way to know is to apply! A lot will depend on how the final degree classification is made, whether 2nd year counts for 40% or 50% and what the grades so far this year have been. The application will need to be supported by references as well, so these could make a difference to your friend :smile:
Reply 2
Mackem85
The only way to know is to apply! A lot will depend on how the final degree classification is made, whether 2nd year counts for 40% or 50% and what the grades so far this year have been. The application will need to be supported by references as well, so these could make a difference to your friend :smile:

it's 50% for second year , but because that the final year result is still pending , so realistically , her tutor only can predict her fina degree grade to be 2:2 , and might have possibility to get 2:1. the university's mininum requirement is 2:1 , so she just worry the they might reject her because her predicted grade is 2:2. and she really wants to go those unis, really don't wanna be rejected by them :frown:
Reply 3
You could always email the universities and ask. What is the undergraduate degree in? If your friend has done particularly well in modules related to the masters courses, you could always highlight this. Additionally, work experience may help.

The thing is you won't really know unless your friend applies. You could apply to the universities and then apply to a university that requires a 2.2 and then you have all possibilities covered?
Reply 4
I've just been having a look around on the Aston courses, and I'm not sure if this is the same course as the one your friend is interested, but the MSc Marketing Management requires a "good UK Honours degree (minimum of a lower second class)". Thats a 2:2, so your friend could definitely apply for this course.

Here is the link:

http://www.aston.ac.uk/prospective-students/pg/pros/abs/11markman.jsp
Reply 5
Mackem85
I've just been having a look around on the Aston courses, and I'm not sure if this is the same course as the one your friend is interested, but the MSc Marketing Management requires a "good UK Honours degree (minimum of a lower second class)". Thats a 2:2, so your friend could definitely apply for this course.

Here is the link:

http://www.aston.ac.uk/prospective-students/pg/pros/abs/11markman.jsp

yes , that is the one !!! she seen it wrong , she thougt it asks for 2:1,
thank you soooooo much , you have saved her , thanks.
Reply 6
Glad I could help! :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending