Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

The Labour Party Q&A Thread - Ask/Join here!

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Will the Labour Party leader resign over his incorrect accusation of the rt honourable JPKC?
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moleman1996)
    Will the Labour Party leader resign over his incorrect accusation of the rt honourable JPKC?
    No. It was the wrong thing to do in the heat of the moment, and I fully admit that, and I have apologised to JPKC so I feel we should all try and move on.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Dave's done nothing wrong other than publicly jump to a conclusion about a member who has a track record of attempting to undermine him and the Labour party.
    I don't think the issue of sabotage has been resolved yet with the Newspaper, and think Dave was entirely justified in the temporary expulsion of Rory. The only thing I'd have done differently is not let him back in yet, as there's not been a clear explanation of why a load of garbage was published.
    • 49 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    Please you are clearly not respected within your party, few people speak out in support of you and TopHat has acted as a better leader during your holiday, I wouldn't be surprised if the train had already started its journey within Labour to remove you as leader.
    Hear, hear. I fully believe that it should be moving and I think that TopHat would be a better leader of the party.

(Original post by Moleman1996)
    Great question.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indievertigo)
    Dave's done nothing wrong other than publicly jump to a conclusion about a member who has a track record of attempting to undermine him and the Labour party.
    I don't think the issue of sabotage has been resolved yet with the Newspaper, and think Dave was entirely justified in the temporary expulsion of Rory. The only thing I'd have done differently is not let him back in yet, as there's not been a clear explanation of why a load of garbage was published.
    Thank you - a voice of reason in the crowd of the government trying to stir things up.

Maybe I'm too soft, but I think Rory has been a good MP so far so I thought I'd let him have another chance.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toronto353)
    Hear, hear. I fully believe that it should be moving and I think that TopHat would be a better leader of the party.

Great question.
    Why thank you, I do try my best...
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidmarsh01)
    Maybe I'm too soft, but I think Rory has been a good MP so far so I thought I'd let him have another chance.
    He didn't do anything thus it is him giving you another chance!
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    He didn't do anything thus it is him giving you another chance!
    Well something obviously did happen - I certainly didn't write the complete drivel it said I had. This must come down to the Editor and Deputy Editor of the paper - how could something so obviously written with intent to defame me somehow slip in?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    He also involved the Government saying that the Government should do something about JPKC effectively stating that we were implicit in it. What does this thread show you - that only two people have posted in support of david much as happens with others. You may not be trying to oust him, but my money is on TopHat certainly.
    Hold your horses. According to you he said that "the government should do something about JPKC", which is all well and dandy. However, you then jump to the conclusion that it was "effectively saying we were implict in it". How is asking the government to do something against an individual within a government if they have done it implying that this was some big plot from the government? It's saying that a government should take appropiate action against the individual, not in any way stating that the government was in alliance with said individual.

If a government minister was doing such a thing, I'd expect him to be removed from government. Hence, I believe it was perfectly justifiable. I didn't think he was saying the government had anything to do with it, so I don't really see the problem.

It's been two hours since your original question, so give it a bit more time yet. It's up to three now anyway. It's also important to note that no-one has expressed their lack of confidence in david within the party too, so ultimately all your allegations of unrest in the party is unfounded speculation. Not one individual has expressed differently, never mind this whole revolt you seem to be implying.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    Remember that time you were the one who decided who the Labour leader was? Nope, neither do I. Labour party members decide who is the leader of the Labour party, not you :fyi:
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indievertigo)
    I honestly do not know what did happen - maybe someone hacked into the email account and changed the information, I honestly do not have a clue what has happened. Please read the 'MHoC Newspaper' thread before speaking out about this issue as you clearly have not seen the discussions prior to this.

I believe that we should stop discussing this issue as it is completely irrelevant from the thread we're posting on.

I do not believe that David should be sacked from his position - he is a good man with good intentions for the Labour Party. I've heard from no one so far that they want him sacked for making one silly mistake - what happened to second chances, eh?
    • 49 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DebatingGreg)
    Hold your horses. According to you he said that "the government should do something about JPKC", which is all well and dandy. However, you then jump to the conclusion that it was "effectively saying we were implict in it". How is asking the government to do something against an individual within a government if they have done it implying that this was some big plot from the government? It's saying that a government should take appropiate action against the individual, not in any way stating that the government was in alliance with said individual.

If a government minister was doing such a thing, I'd expect him to be removed from government. Hence, I believe it was perfectly justifiable. I didn't think he was saying the government had anything to do with it, so I don't really see the problem.

It's been two hours since your original question, so give it a bit more time yet. It's up to three now anyway. It's also important to note that no-one has expressed their lack of confidence in david within the party too, so ultimately all your allegations of unrest in the party is unfounded speculation. Not one individual has expressed differently, never mind this whole revolt you seem to be implying.
    It's an independent newspaper so even if it had anything to do with the Government, which it doesn't, it is nothing to do with the Government and he wouldn't have been removed. Just as your leader has said that the Labour party's internal affairs are nothing to do with me, the Government's affairs in terms of who is appointed to what position is nothing to do with you.

Please it's absolutely clear that there's deep seated frustration. I have asked questions before this one in other threads and there's only ever been you and Rory giving any defence. Your deputy leader has never yet denied that he's seeking the top job despite being asked on numerous occasions and the majority of your colleagues have never given the impassioned defence that you have. From where I'm standing, it's not a question of if he will be toppled, it's more a matter of when.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Folks from other parties calling for Dave's head, ask yourselves this question: do you favour closer and closer ties between the Labour Party and the Liberal Democrats? That's what will happen if you apply great enough pressure and force him out. It's clear that he and Morgsie don't get on and that's what caused their "government" to collapse. With TopHat, the Blairite that he is, there are no qualms and seemingly little political difference. So really, you're playing a very silly game by trying to get rid of Dave. If I were a Labour member, I would think more seriously about ejecting those who agitate far too readily against the party. And, if I were Dave, I'd shift the perp's sorry ass to the backbenches.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoryS)
    I honestly do not know what did happen - maybe someone hacked into the email account and changed the information, I honestly do not have a clue what has happened. Please read the 'MHoC Newspaper' thread before speaking out about this issue as you clearly have not seen the discussions prior to this.
    I believe that we should stop discussing this issue as it is completely irrelevant from the thread we're posting on.
    I've read it, and I've read the original version.
    What it looks like you might be doing is attempting to change the subject from what is clearly some sort of sabotage - you go so far as to say that an Email account may have illegally been hacked - to a subject concerning David's leadership. Let's keep the focus on what it should be on - you, and why David has been subject to libellous misquoting.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's an independent newspaper so even if it had anything to do with the Government, which it doesn't, it is nothing to do with the Government and he wouldn't have been removed. Just as your leader has said that the Labour party's internal affairs are nothing to do with me, the Government's affairs in terms of who is appointed to what position is nothing to do with you.
    First of all, you were originally saying that david was implying that the government was implict in this. As you have not responded on that bit, do you know believe that david was not implying that the government was implict in it? It seems pretty obvious to me, and, as you've avoided that part, I presume you do too.

Secondly, there is no obligation to do so. As you have stated, it is independent from his government activities. But if it were any individual in the government I would expect the government to ask him to resign from his position. Just because it's separate from his government affairs doesn't mean he shouldn't be punished. If I was caught editing interview answers to make a rival politician look bad on a newspaper (fully independent from the government, I hasten to add), then I'd expect to be fired.

It isn't a question of whether the newspaper is independent from his government activities; it's a question of whether the electorate and the House can trust the government, which I would doubt if one of its members was tampering with interview questions. Hence, I'd ask him to resign if he was found guilty.
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    Please you are clearly not respected within your party, few people speak out in support of you and TopHat has acted as a better leader during your holiday, I wouldn't be surprised if the train had already started its journey within Labour to remove you as leader.
    Even though I've been absent for quite a while, I voted for Dave and I still say that Dave has my full respect as a leader and that of everyone else.

Fortunately, you do not cast the deciding vote on who should lead. You're speculating anyway.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Why does *******s like this have to happen when I dont have proper computer access? David is an excellent leader, I have no intention of usurping him, and have total faith in his ability as leader. Maybe UkiP and the Cons just can't handle the fact that David led us to an election victory where we had the same seats as both of you put together? I am rapidly losing any vestige of confidence I ever may have had in this government when the Deputy Prime Minister seems more dedicated to causing a political ruckus than actually governing. Do not try our patience any further.

On a side note directed at obi, I'm no Blairite. I do rather like my civil liberties, and can't say I'm really that fond of Iraq.
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    David has my full support.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    6/14 of our MPs in four hours have stated their support, none have opposed him, just to confirm. Not such "deep-seated frustation" so far, no?
    • 49 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TopHat)
    Why does *******s like this have to happen when I dont have proper computer access? David is an excellent leader, I have no intention of usurping him, and have total faith in his ability as leader. Maybe UkiP and the Cons just can't handle the fact that David led us to an election victory where we had the same seats as both of you put together? I am rapidly losing any vestige of confidence I ever may have had in this government when the Deputy Prime Minister seems more dedicated to causing a political ruckus than actually governing. Do not try our patience any further.
    I've sorted this with david via PMs so I'm not discussing this further.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 21, 2014
New on TSR

A-level results day

Is it about making your parents proud?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.