The Student Room Group

Bobbi Brown! Is there anywhere I can buy it cheap??? (And other quessies!)

After never thinking my skin/me in general was good enough for fancy makeup I treated myself to a Bobbi Brown makeover :biggrin: It was really good and I loved all the stuff used on me. But it's soooooo expensive. I bought the lipstick and blusher, and am going to get the foundation and concealer too and probs this protective face lotion thing the makeup lady used on me. Is there anywhere (eg online) I could get these things cheaper (excluding duty free)?

Secondly, could anyone reccommend me some good, but cheap (as cheap as possible without compromising that much quality :p: )makeup brushes? Thanks!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
ebay :smile: my sis gets stuff on there for only cheap! x
Reply 2
ebay :smile: my sis gets stuff on there for only cheap! x

I second this!

I got some excellent MAC stuff the other day, at a fraction of the price! Worth a look! :biggrin:
Dont know how cheap you want to go with the brushes but Ruby and Millie do some fairly cheap ones x
Reply 4
well my foundation's available for a fiver as 'travel size'. I expect that's teeny tho :s-smilie:
Watch out for counterfeit designer makeup on Ebay, it's full of the stuff - know what you're buying before you buy it, that's my advice.
Reply 6
I'm too distrustful of ebay, tbh, i probs won't be buying off there.
Reply 7
Do John Lewis ever have 'mega days' the way debenhams do with 20% discounts across everything? I got my stuff there, so that sorta thing would help too!
Reply 8
Bodyshop does good brushes (not too expensive, but not so cheap that the bristles shed all over your face).

I don't think that John Lewis does those mega discount days I'm afraid :frown:.

I *think* they may sell Bobbi Brown at Heathrow's Terminal 3 Departures bit, but I'm not 100% sure.
Reply 9
The body shop brushes are quite good for not too much money. They do a travel set of 4 and as long as you ignore that one of them is pretending to be a bluser brush (it's waaay too small for that) they're all pretty good. The full size blusher brush is much better than the teeny one.
Reply 10
*River
Bodyshop does good brushes (not too expensive, but not so cheap that the bristles shed all over your face).

I don't think that John Lewis does those mega discount days I'm afraid :frown:.

I *think* they may sell Bobbi Brown at Heathrow's Terminal 3 Departures bit, but I'm not 100% sure.

I go through terminal 5 now :frown: I used to go through terminal 4, and I dont recall seeing bobbi brown there. :frown:
Reply 11
WarmSound
The body shop brushes are quite good for not too much money. They do a travel set of 4 and as long as you ignore that one of them is pretending to be a bluser brush (it's waaay too small for that) they're all pretty good. The full size blusher brush is much better than the teeny one.

I have a no7 blusher brush. I need ones for foundation, lipstick and concealer.
Reply 12
I regularly order stuff from Strawberrynet - and I think I've seen some Bobbi Brown stuff there! And they have lots of brushes from different brands as well :smile:
Reply 13
^^^ Yeah they are good but be careful wiht the import duty.

TBH I buy everything from ebay these days - jsut check the feedback. And I have a search thing so I can stock up on palettes and stuff which make great birthday presents.
Reply 14
i cant find bobbi brown stuff on strawberrynet :frown:
Reply 15
Then EBAY. Or London and full price.
Body shop makeup brushes are sooooo good! I got mine off ebay, so they were about half the price :biggrin:

Hmmm about Bobbi Brown, I don't know if you ever go there or anything, but there is a discount make up shop in Gunwharf Quays in Portsmouth, which is AMAZING! Usually those kind of shops are rubbish, but it was so good! I got a Clinique eyeliner for about £7, and a MAC highlighter for a tenner. And they had loads of Bobbi Brown - foundations, blushers, lipsticks etc... all for about 30-40% off, if I recall correctly :smile:
Reply 17
minimo
i cant find bobbi brown stuff on strawberrynet :frown:

it's here :smile:
Reply 18
abbbbey
Body shop makeup brushes are sooooo good! I got mine off ebay, so they were about half the price :biggrin:

Hmmm about Bobbi Brown, I don't know if you ever go there or anything, but there is a discount make up shop in Gunwharf Quays in Portsmouth, which is AMAZING! Usually those kind of shops are rubbish, but it was so good! I got a Clinique eyeliner for about £7, and a MAC highlighter for a tenner. And they had loads of Bobbi Brown - foundations, blushers, lipsticks etc... all for about 30-40% off, if I recall correctly :smile:

I don't live anywhere near there :frown:
I would never suggest anyone buy make-up and things that can easily be tampered with off e-bay. You never know what may have been mixed in your liquid foundation to increase the volume...

Try...www.beautyparlor.co.uk ...

Latest