The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Two weeks in, how's it going?

Okay so freshers week is over, you are all ill, exhausted and very poor by now i imagine. Hopefully you will have made some good friends but if not and you are stuck with a bunch of people you don't know/like then this really is the time you will have to act.

Socities and lectures are now your best oppotunity of meeting people as there appears to be a random two week cut off where everyone decides to stop being so friendly.

How are you guys finding hall food? lectures? nottinghams awesome nightlife?
Reply 1
The food is awful, I have no money, and there's too much reading, but apart from that I'm really liking it. I was really worried that I'd end up just being bored with politics, but I'm actually really liking it and finding it interesting. I wish people would stop couging constantly through the lectures though!
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
You always look really pissed off Frances
Reply 3
if you think the food is bad now, wait until the end of the 2nd term...
Reply 4
aghhh...i got the freshers flu! so annoying, im coughing and everything. last night, i went to bed at like 3, woke up every 30 mins coughing, and i had a lecture at like 10 am

but so far, its been wicked! kinda weird how you have to juggle your life basically but definetely enjoying it. i came back home today and i already miss notts and all the friends i made
Reply 5
James_W
You always look really pissed off Frances

I always look really pissed off? :confused:

Everybody seems to think I'm miserable/upset/pissed off all the time, but I'm really not. I guess I must just look it.
Reply 6
Yep, you do! Would you recognise me if you saw me?
Reply 7
James_W
Yep, you do! Would you recognise me if you saw me?

Nope, I've never seen a picture of you!
Reply 8
I thought you had? I'd rather keep you in suspense anyway! I was right by you the other day at lunch when you joined the queue, got fed up - and walked off (looking pissed off :tongue: )
Reply 9
James_W
I thought you had? I'd rather keep you in suspense anyway! I was right by you the other day at lunch when you joined the queue, got fed up - and walked off (looking pissed off :tongue: )

Seriously? Hehe. I have to admit, I do tend to look pissed off when I'm queuing for dinner. I don't like queuing very much. I probably got broed and decided to come back later. :smile:
Frances
I always look really pissed off? :confused:

Everybody seems to think I'm miserable/upset/pissed off all the time, but I'm really not. I guess I must just look it.

Don't want to go off topic but SNAP! It's annoying!
Reply 11
Anybody in cripps, come to the hall shop Wednesday evening, Thursday afternoon, or anytime on Sunday, and you'll see little old me behind the till! :cool:
Reply 12
Frances
Anybody in cripps, come to the hall shop Wednesday evening, Thursday afternoon, or anytime on Sunday, and you'll see little old me behind the till! :cool:

I came in Sunday night - which one do u think I was!?
Reply 13
Frances

You have your own shop at Cripps :eek: We have to make do with a crappy vendor that doesn't even work
Reply 14
James_W
I came in Sunday night - which one do u think I was!?

I actually have no clue- we were REALLY busy tonight! What did you buy?

One girl actually came in and asked if I was Frances off UKL... who was that?
Reply 15
sweets
Reply 16
James_W
sweets

Well that narrows it down... :tongue:
Reply 17
Haha.. well I did speak to you for a bit also.
Reply 18
Meh, I have no idea. I'm working again on wednesday evening though.
Reply 19
Hey. Notts in such an awesome uni, i'm loving it very very much. I can't believe u guys don't like the hall food, it's awesome :P I hated the food when I was in Cripps for international week, but the food in Rutland is brilliant. I've gained so much weight because of it.....

Latest

Trending

Trending