The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

3 Accomodation Choices! Hu-Stu, Nightingale and Ancaster

Okay narrowed it down to 3.

En suite at Ancaster or large single studies at Nightingale or Hu-Stu.

Now questions:-

Which college has the biggest social spirit? Going out etc? :smile: Any bad reputations?
Sport? :smile:
Toff %? :eek:

Anything else I should know before chosing my first choice? Are the large study room's nice? do you ever have to wait to use the bathrooms? that would be my biggest gripe...are the shared bathrooms clean/nice?
Reply 1
Go to Hu stu
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
right next to econ building for a start!
Reply 3
Andrew_2006
Which college has the biggest social spirit? Going out etc? :smile: Any bad reputations?
Sport? :smile:
Toff %? :eek:

do you ever have to wait to use the bathrooms? that would be my biggest gripe...are the shared bathrooms clean?

These questions are gonna be quite hard to answer as it really depends on the other people...for example, it's not as if they put all the people good at sport or 'toffs' in a particular hall.
Reply 4
Yer but single study room? having to share a bathroom - I get my own bathroom at bording school! (oh I'm not a toff before anyone starts!)

Does Hu-Stu have a good atmosphere, social spirit, bar, sporting profile etc etc? Not like rutland i presume lol.
Reply 5
I don't think there's any rooms left in Hu Stu - at least there weren't when I applied a couple of weeks ago. There might be some large study rooms left, though I can't remember for sure.
Andrew_2006
Yer but single study room? having to share a bathroom - I get my own bathroom at bording school! (oh I'm not a toff before anyone starts!)

Does Hu-Stu have a good atmosphere, social spirit, bar, sporting profile etc etc? Not like rutland i presume lol.

HuStu has the best tradition and the social atmosphere should be very good. I know they're the only hall which provides formal dinner each week. It's also a large hall, so it's always very active.

I lived in Ancaster Hall. The rooms there are really nice. It's a relatively small hall, but social activities are great, too. Week One, Karni, etc...
Reply 7
alles_nichts
HuStu has the best tradition and the social atmosphere should be very good. I know they're the only hall which provides formal dinner each week. It's also a large hall, so it's always very active.

I'm afraid that hasn't been true since 2004/05. They are now once every month (9 throughout the year), usually split 4/3/2 between the 3 terms.
arpeggio
I don't think there's any rooms left in Hu Stu - at least there weren't when I applied a couple of weeks ago. There might be some large study rooms left, though I can't remember for sure.

I applied for accomodation a few days ago and Hu-Stu was only greyed out for En-Suite rooms. There was still Shared En-Suite and Large Single Studies in Hu-Stu available.
Reply 9
Well I have applied for HU STU - Large single study - woop woop!
Reply 10
Come to Ancaster! A very good hall, next to West Entrance, there's a bus stop right up the road, there's a gate to go to off licence that's only 2 mins away and the place is simply AMAZING. Also, if you're into Sports then you're like 2 minutes away from the Gym and 5 mins from the Sports Centre.

Latest

Trending

Trending