The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I got 96 in C1 and 89 in S1
Reply 21
Core one is really easy, stats is hard because I hate stats and it's just a huge pile of numbers to me. I think after D1, S1 is the hardest module I've done (I've done C1-4, D1-2, M1, S1). My brain is not right for statistics.
Reply 22
C1 100. best.
S1 80 worst.
Levity
Core one is really easy, stats is hard because I hate stats and it's just a huge pile of numbers to me. I think after D1, S1 is the hardest module I've done (I've done C1-4, D1-2, M1, S1). My brain is not right for statistics.

DID I READ THAT RIGHT? D1 - HARD

no way jose - it is by far the easiest module, in my school they have top set year 10 do it.

All it is is remember the algorithms, sorts and thats about it
Reply 24
it depends on the individual i guess..
Reply 25
my school doesn't choose it for maths, but further maths, so i think it shouldn't be really easy.
Reply 26
I did just about no revision for C1, got 97. I revised lots for S1, got 88. C'est la vie.
Reply 27
same. didn't touch C1 for the whole month right before my exam. and got 100. while for S1. i did a paper everyday for at least like a week -_-
Reply 28
eulerwaswrong
DID I READ THAT RIGHT? D1 - HARD

no way jose - it is by far the easiest module, in my school they have top set year 10 do it.

All it is is remember the algorithms, sorts and thats about it

It's my worst module from all of my subjects. All my other maths module are 95 or above, D1 I got 86 and was not expecting that high. All my mocks ones I got Cs and Ds in.

Crazy phrases seemed to be invented every so often, and I struggle with things like adding up long lists of little annoying numbers (like we had to do in the shortest routes), the alphabet (had to write the stupid thing out every time).

It really annoyed me in the exam that they would put really similar numbers next to each other. For instance, in one table it would have the numbers 106, 166, 160 or 256, 265 all next to each other and I'd be trying to put them in order and it really confused and frustrated me. I think that's unfair, why make the numbers so similar, what's the point?

S1 seems the same, riddled with stupid tricks like similar numbers being next to each other.

Also, in modules like D1 and S1 you seem to lose marks for not showing working when it makes no sense to, like you can read a value off the graph and write "from graph:" on your answer, but unless you put a gianormous cross on the graph where you read it from you don't get the marks.

D2 on the other hard was a babe, that made perfect sense.
i did better in C1 first time round. Lol 88/100 in C1 compared with 48/100 in S1.

S1 was tough as i went into the exam doing no past papers at all and very little prep cos i thought the exam wud be easy. C1 i did minimal revision and i was lucky to have an easy paper on the day.
Reply 30
I don't know whether I am mind-numbingly stupid or something, but I can't get my head around pure Maths. This thread alone makes my brain hurt, seeing how easy everybody else finds it when it frustrates me to no end. An interesting point I make though, is how easy I find Statistics. Statistics is no harder now than it was at GCSE.

At GCSE, I did only get a B, but that was the highest grade I could've gotten anyway. I only handed in 7 pages of coursework which amounted to an F, probably a U. The only pages I handed in were the introduction, the hypothesis, and the pages that we were provided with to conduct the actual investigation. This means my exam result for Statistics must have been really high, I believe the highest in our year.

Statistics at A-level is no different. Sure the wording is hard but I find the wording hard on the Core exams anyway. I'd rather the paper just be split into chapters, and have questions on each chapter the same way as they are presented in the book. The wording confuses me because I know I know how to answer the question, I just don't know what kind of question it is!

But then again, it's probably just me. I'm probably just stupid.
Levity
It's my worst module from all of my subjects. All my other maths module are 95 or above, D1 I got 86 and was not expecting that high. All my mocks ones I got Cs and Ds in.

Crazy phrases seemed to be invented every so often, and I struggle with things like adding up long lists of little annoying numbers (like we had to do in the shortest routes), the alphabet (had to write the stupid thing out every time).

It really annoyed me in the exam that they would put really similar numbers next to each other. For instance, in one table it would have the numbers 106, 166, 160 or 256, 265 all next to each other and I'd be trying to put them in order and it really confused and frustrated me. I think that's unfair, why make the numbers so similar, what's the point?

S1 seems the same, riddled with stupid tricks like similar numbers being next to each other.

Also, in modules like D1 and S1 you seem to lose marks for not showing working when it makes no sense to, like you can read a value off the graph and write "from graph:" on your answer, but unless you put a gianormous cross on the graph where you read it from you don't get the marks.

D2 on the other hard was a babe, that made perfect sense.

yea i dont like D1, but it isnt hard - its just annoying.

Its not really maths is it
Reply 32
C1 is a joke. S1 is also a joke but it's just dead boring.

Latest