The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes, I wonder about Brizzle too.

I was interviewed early Feb and still waiting! Got a letter saying they'd decide after all the interviews were done.

I don't feel too hopeful, but at least I haven't been rejected just yet!
Reply 2
I wonder if Bristol's one of the slowest medical schools in terms of decision making..i was interviewed in the early March..
they do seem to take a while getting back to people, but for most they say a month, and it took them a month to get back to me.... bear in mind it's uni hols, so may take longer now...

also, every year, there are always hardly any bristol offer holders or med students on here! - anyway, good luck to all of you, hope to be seeing you all next year! :p:
Reply 4
my friend got A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A* at GCSE and AAAA at Alevel. Yet 'unsuccessful for medicine at Bristol.'
i just had my interview yesterday. it went ok but i messed up when vital question when they asked me about what happens after medical school. how could i forget the SHO yrs and since when did a registra to consultant take 10 yrs.
am such a iddiot.
Reply 6
Looks like most Bristol applicants don't like the idea of a forum..

By the way, kevster, a friend of mine got rejected with predicted grades of AAAA at A level and 12A1 in my country's public examination which is about equivalent to O level. you might want to treat A1 as A*. I got predicted AAAA at A level and only 10A1. It's hard to say, and sometimes personal statement plays an eminent role too. I haven't got an offer yet, but i was interviewed while my friend got her rejection without an interview.
Reply 7
~Adel~
Looks like most Bristol applicants don't like the idea of a forum..

By the way, kevster, a friend of mine got rejected with predicted grades of AAAA at A level and 12A1 in my country's public examination which is about equivalent to O level. you might want to treat A1 as A*. I got predicted AAAA at A level and only 10A1. It's hard to say, and sometimes personal statement plays an eminent role too. I haven't got an offer yet, but i was interviewed while my friend got her rejection without an interview.

all well and good, but I defy you to find me anyone on this forum, with those grades or better, with a fat rejection for Med at bristol. You'd be wasting your time searching.
funkysocks23
i just had my interview yesterday. it went ok but i messed up when vital question when they asked me about what happens after medical school. how could i forget the SHO yrs and since when did a registra to consultant take 10 yrs.
am such a iddiot.

haha dont worry, i messed up that question too, when they heard my answer there were many raised eyebrows!
Reply 9
kevster
all well and good, but I defy you to find me anyone on this forum, with those grades or better, with a fat rejection for Med at bristol. You'd be wasting your time searching.

Did your friend get any interview or offers at the other medical schools? By the way, as Subbacultcha has said, there are very few Bristol applicants on this forum, so with such small sample size, it might not clearly present the overall trend or characteristic of the students that Bristol rejects.
Reply 10
rejected from oxford,Bristol. offer from KCL, cardiff.
Reply 11
In that case, perhaps she would like to get a personal feedback from Bristol. By the way, where did you apply to, kevster?
Reply 12
~Adel~
In that case, perhaps she would like to get a personal feedback from Bristol. By the way, where did you apply to, kevster?

she's a he. He did get feedback, but it was the usual garbage.
Me-KCL,Bristol,Oxford,Manchester,Bath.
Reply 13
How many offers did you get from those you applied for medicine? I'm sorry about the gender..just hope your friend doesn't see this thread.
Reply 14
kevster
my friend got A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A* at GCSE and AAAA at Alevel. Yet 'unsuccessful for medicine at Bristol.'

My boyfriend has the same results, and got rejected without interview from Bristol, but holds offers for Oxford, ICL, and Newcastle:confused:
My grades aren't quite as good but I've got a Bristol offer:smile:
Reply 15
WOW, your boyfriend must be really smart. You made the right choice.
So does anyone know when Bristol finish interviewing?

The letter they sent out in October stated the last interview date was 28th March, however I heard they were adding extra dates in April - can anyone confirm this?
No idea. It's crazy that Bristol have in excess of 4000 applicants and hardly anyone here seems to have a place. I'm on the waiting list! Interviewed in Jan! .....
Oh Lordy. 4000? How do you know?

Maybe they really are only going to give out offers after interviewing everyone?

Did they contact you saying 'You are on the waiting list' ?

Oh Bristol, please do hurry up!
Reply 19
No future, we're on the same boat!!!! I was interviewed at the 6th of March, and nothing is heard so far. I think they should(probably)inform me by Monday. Someone else's got an offer(an international student)and she was interviewed on the 7th. 4000 applicants for 200 places? that means 20 students competing for..one place in Bristol?

Latest

Trending

Trending