The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I was interviewed on the 5th march and recieved my offer last week, still havent got anything through the post, just keep checking track. Im sure they will let you all know in the coming week.
Hope to see some of you there in October, and when you do get an offer PM me so we can start worrying about which accomodation to choose!
It is pretty crazy! I was told by the admissions officer Suge Grounds that there were over 4000 applications to Bristol this year. And I guess she should know!
dont_trust_busdrivers
It is pretty crazy! I was told by the admissions officer Suge Grounds that there were over 4000 applications to Bristol this year. And I guess she should know!

wow.
Reply 23
Do you guys reckon tomorrow's the day when all medical schools will be giving out their offers and rejections? I heard from someone all medical schools should give out offers by the end of march, and since tomorrow's the very last day of March..ARGHH!! I'm getting excited now..i have two more medical schools to hear from!
dunno about that. there doesn't seem to be a set date.

bristol doesn't seem to say anywhere.

im also waiting on two
Reply 25
What are the two that you're waiting for?
Reply 26
Sean3000
I was interviewed on the 5th march and recieved my offer last week, still havent got anything through the post, just keep checking track. Im sure they will let you all know in the coming week.
Hope to see some of you there in October, and when you do get an offer PM me so we can start worrying about which accomodation to choose!

Well done on your offer. This isn't a dig at yourself, although your A2 grades are solid, your academic refrerence does not compare with my friends who got a fat rejection. i just do not understand bloody admissions processes.
~Adel~
What are the two that you're waiting for?

bristol and st andrews

you?
Reply 28
Bristol and Leeds. have you got an offer so far?

To kevster, good grades do not automatically bring you an interview, i can see you have strong feelings towards your friend's rejection. He must be really proud to have a friend like you.
Reply 29
i can remember reading somewhere that bristol tend not to reject that many after interview as they are really harsh when choosing for interview...if u get me!! :biggrin:
I don't think at Bristol, amazing academic qualifications matter!

At Bristol when I talked to the admissions officer she told me that GCSE grades and A-Level predictions are just a small part of their process. If you have the minimum requirements you don't get cut in the first shortlist. She told me most people have the minimum grades though. Then Bristol send your personal statement to two doctors and get it marked out of 4 or 5. If you score highly you get an interview, if you don't score highly then you don't get an interview.

Whether the system is fair or not, I don't know. But that's the way they do it!
kevster
Well done on your offer. This isn't a dig at yourself, although your A2 grades are solid, your academic refrerence does not compare with my friends who got a fat rejection. i just do not understand bloody admissions processes.

For medicine, grades only form one part of the admissions criteria, your friends who got rejections may not have fulfilled the many other criteria required
Reply 32
Alex L
For medicine, grades only form one part of the admissions criteria, your friends who got rejections may not have fulfilled the many other criteria required

what are the other criteria? And don't give me clap trap about not a good p.s, do you seriously think a guy with those grades couldn't formulate a sound and impressive personal statement. He said the interview went very well, so what else could it have been huh?
kevster
what are the other criteria? And don't give me clap trap about not a good p.s, do you seriously think a guy with those grades couldn't formulate a sound and impressive personal statement. He said the interview went very well, so what else could it have been huh?

Chill out, it could be many things, personal statement, work experience, extra curricular activities etc. Even if the interview went well, considering there are 20 applicants per place, did it go well enough to fall in the top 5%? If you don't believe that grades only form a small part then read post #31
Reply 34
Alex L
Chill out, it could be many things, personal statement, work experience, extra curricular activities etc. Even if the interview went well, considering there are 20 applicants per place, did it go well enough to fall in the top 5%? If you don't believe that grades only form a small part then read post #31

if you think im just goign to automatically take the words of someone on a internet forum who apparently has the inside track on admissions criteria in Bristol then you've got another thing coming.
josee32
i can remember reading somewhere that bristol tend not to reject that many after interview as they are really harsh when choosing for interview...if u get me!! :biggrin:

i hope so!!!
~Adel~
Bristol and Leeds. have you got an offer so far?

To kevster, good grades do not automatically bring you an interview, i can see you have strong feelings towards your friend's rejection. He must be really proud to have a friend like you.

nope..

have you?
kevster
if you think im just goign to automatically take the words of someone on a internet forum who apparently has the inside track on admissions criteria in Bristol then you've got another thing coming.

I'm not asking you to. It was merely stated as an extra point to be noted. I think if you re-read what I wrote you'll find that my main point was how it was likely your friend's application just didn't fall into the top 5% of applications this year
Reply 38
Alex L
I'm not asking you to. It was merely stated as an extra point to be noted. I think if you re-read what I wrote you'll find that my main point was how it was likely your friend's application just didn't fall into the top 5% of applications this year

it's more a case of lets give priority to our English students.
kevster
it's more a case of lets give priority to our English students.

Or most likely not. What other offers has your friend had?

Latest

Trending

Trending