The Student Room Group

Ice Hockey

Scroll to see replies

Jimi Haze
Ducks need to sort their discipline out - they keep on leaking goals to a quite standard Stars team.

We have a great team :mad:

Richards, Ribeiro and Morrow will come out big this year for us.
Reply 41
Grace Under Pressure

The British league never interested me, and ever since the London Knights folded i don't have much reason to watch it.

Panthers had some great games v the Knights including an amazing 6-6 draw in 2001, Panthers were 5-1 down going into the 3rd...then we scored 5 straight goals to lead 6-5 but then London equalised with 1 min left...good times
Good times when the London Knights were in it as well as the Bracknell Bees too. *bzzzzzz* :biggrin:
The Knights had a great arena too, they tore that place down as well.
I have a dual loyalty between the Telford Tigers (my EPL team, and hometown team) and the Coventry Blaze (my EIHL team, and Uni town team!).

Woo ice-hockey!

*gets her blades and runs down to the rink*
Reply 45
NDGAARONDI
Good times when the London Knights were in it as well as the Bracknell Bees too. *bzzzzzz* :biggrin:

Bracknell play in the English Premier League nowadays,back when they were in the Superleague they always had shockingly bad shirts lol but i loved playing them, always good games and the Bee Hive is a great little rink...with rainbows around the outside and rubbish views but a great atmosphere :biggrin:.
Reply 46
Ice_Queen
I have a dual loyalty between the Telford Tigers (my EPL team, and hometown team) and the Coventry Blaze (my EIHL team, and Uni town team!)

Haha we beat you :tongue:

did you go to the playoff finals??
Higgy
Bracknell play in the English Premier League nowadays,back when they were in the Superleague they always had shockingly bad shirts lol but i loved playing them, always good games and the Bee Hive is a great little rink...with rainbows around the outside and rubbish views but a great atmosphere :biggrin:.

Wouldn't surprise me about the bad shirts. It's quite difficult to blend white, black and yellow. They should try and see if there's a decent template idea that football has used and look into some decent NHL shirts. Here are some good examples I think that could easily be redesigned to suit them:

Jodly.X
Haha we beat you :tongue:

did you go to the playoff finals??

*cries* No. I wanted to, but other commitments! My family just don't understand the importance of ice-hockey.
Ice_Queen
My family just don't understand the importance of ice-hockey.

Hire a Canadian family.
NDGAARONDI
Wouldn't surprise me about the bad shirts. It's quite difficult to blend white, black and yellow. They should try and see if there's a decent template idea that football has used and look into some decent NHL shirts. Here are some good examples I think that could easily be redesigned to suit them:

Nothing I repeat nothing is as bad as the Fife Flyers shirts back in 2003 (I think) looked like iron bru plaid, like they'd been knitted by a grandma. :s-smilie:
Grace Under Pressure
Hire a Canadian family.

Good call.

*ebay*
Reply 52
Ice_Queen
*cries* No. I wanted to, but other commitments! My family just don't understand the importance of ice-hockey.

Oh right :frown:

Ice hockey has to be number 1 :biggrin:

Well you missed a good weekend!!!
not quiet so good for Coventry fans though...
Jodly.X
Oh right :frown:

Ice hockey has to be number 1 :biggrin:

Well you missed a good weekend!!!
not quiet so good for Coventry fans though...

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Next time, next time!
Reply 54
Does anyone know if any tv-channel (available in the UK) is showing the world championships (which start today). Eurosport 2, which I thought might, doesn't seem to be showing any according to their schedule.
Mumintroll
Does anyone know if any tv-channel (available in the UK) is showing the world championships (which start today). Eurosport 2, which I thought might, doesn't seem to be showing any according to their schedule.

Having had a look around, and finally checking Wikipedia (it gives a list of who broadcasts major sporting events)...it isn't shown in the UK. Or at least, there isn't anyone with broadcasting rights in the UK.

I feel your disappointment. I wanted to watch it too.
Reply 56
Ice_Queen
Having had a look around, and finally checking Wikipedia (it gives a list of who broadcasts major sporting events)...it isn't shown in the UK. Or at least, there isn't anyone with broadcasting rights in the UK.

I feel your disappointment. I wanted to watch it too.

Thanks for looking. Yeah, it's so stupid. Eurosport-2 showed matches from the U21 world champ, so it's odd that they're not showing the full world champ (maybe it would clash with tv rights in Finland, Sweden etc where Eurosport is also seen, I guess). You'd think with the hundreds of digital tv channels, they'd be room for it somewhere. There must be 20+ shopping channels wasting space on my cable tv alone.

I found out that you can watch games via the official website, but only by paying. Annoyingly the Swedish pub in London doesn't even seem to be planning to show any games, according to their website anyway (they receive Swedish tv). I'm hoping that at least the online radio commentary from Swedish (or Swedish-speaking Finnish) radio won't be blocked to people outside Swe/Fin (I understand Swedish). Problem is, being a Finland fan and listening to Swedish radio's ultra-biased commentators can be, urm, rather frustrating. I had to watch the 2006 Olympic final on Swedish tv. Enough to make you want to shoot the commentary team.
I know, I looked at the subscription only sites. It's not good.

I think the thing with the UK is cos we're not in it, and ice-hockey isn't particularly popular...they wonder why bother showing it.
Reply 58
So does anyone know any channels where the semi-finals and the finals might be shown? I'm gonna have go to ask around pubs if they have these channels once I find out which channels might show the champs :p:
Reply 59
Mumintroll
... Swedish-speaking Finnish... Problem is, being a Finland fan and listening to Swedish radio's ultra-biased commentators can be, urm, rather frustrating.

Wouldn't the Finland-Swedes actually support Finland? I mean if it's a Finnish radio channel, they'd probably be pro-Finland wouldn't they?

Quick Reply

Latest