The Student Room Group

Ice Hockey

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
pens in 7 i say
Reply 81
pens in 6... ducks couldve WON! :mad:
Reply 82
Wings to win 4-2 in the series i think, Pens have done great to get this far but its no surprise with the likes of Crosby and Malkin, just think Wings will have too much experience and all roundness for Pittsburgh.
unikq

No chance. :p:
unikq

Lets not be silly now... :biggrin:
Reply 85
Grace Under Pressure
Lets not be silly now... :biggrin:

we were supposed to be THE team to stop wings. now they're through, pens are getting a battering...

so shoulda been us... (to give pens a battering :biggrin:)
Its all ifs and buts and should haves. :p:
Reply 87
The Ducks never would have won due to their awful discipline - conceding too many penalties was their downfall
Reply 88
Jimi Haze
The Ducks never would have won due to their awful discipline - conceding too many penalties was their downfall

FACT: we were the first team since flyers a LONG time back to win the cup AND to lead in fighting majors.

discipline was a huge problem and factor to the downfall, but tbh, powerplay killers were solid. i think it was cause we had such an awesome defense lineup, we kinda forgot about play in the offensive zone.

at the end of the day, it's goals that win the cup and we just didn't have enough of em. turco was solid though has to be said
Reply 89
unikq
FACT: we were the first team since flyers a LONG time back to win the cup AND to lead in fighting majors.

discipline was a huge problem and factor to the downfall, but tbh, powerplay killers were solid. i think it was cause we had such an awesome defense lineup, we kinda forgot about play in the offensive zone.

at the end of the day, it's goals that win the cup and we just didn't have enough of em. turco was solid though has to be said

I thought like every goal Dallas scored in the first few games was on a PP :p:
Reply 90
Jimi Haze
I thought like every goal Dallas scored in the first few games was on a PP :p:

that was were the mistake was made :p: losing 2 straight at home especially when you're doing so well at home is an owchie

wings in 5 :mad:
Ice hockey is the best sport ever!!!!1

only because i play :smile:
Reply 92
Red Wings take a 3 - 1 lead in the series with game 5 to be played in Detroit on Monday.

If the Pens manage to turn this around it'll be amazinnnnnnnng.
Reply 93
Jimi Haze
Red Wings take a 3 - 1 lead in the series with game 5 to be played in Detroit on Monday.

If the Pens manage to turn this around it'll be amazinnnnnnnng.

unlikely. did you see crosby's face by the third? i think they're overusing him and hossa a tad...
Reply 94
Talbot scores with 35 seconds left in 3rd Period to level it up to 3 - 3

Sykora wins it in 3rd Overtime for the Pens...

3 - 2 with game 6 in Pittsburgh..I think the Pens will be on a high from the victory - could well be going to game 7!
Think the Pens will wing back at the Mellon but game 7 will be beyond them.
Reply 96
:mad: the worst has happened...
see, only we could a stopped wings :mad:
Yawn.

Reply 98
haha

Congrats to the Red Wings though - they were the best team in the regular season so probably deserved it.
Reply 99
Higgy
Wings to win 4-2 in the series i think

woo got my prediction correct :biggrin: , well played Wings, the best team all season, i bet they were bricking it a bit when they were up 3-2 again, with thoughts about what happened in game 5, but they held tight and won the cup.

Quick Reply

Latest