The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
MMR wasn't invented when I was little, but I had all the separate ones. Didn't most people get boosters a)in about 1994 when there were some outbreaks and b)about 2 years ago when there were mumps epidemics in various universities? Or was it just in affected areas?
it's all very sporadic i think. i had to go get a booster when i was going to uni because when i looked into it, it turned out i'd never had a mumps vaccine at all.... some idiot thought giving out the MR that year would be a good idea....
ive only ever had 2 x MR no mumps ever - maybe i should go ask about it
I've had 3 MMR jabs - a case of my records disappearing then turning up again so after I had what I thought was the 2nd, age 16, we found that I'd had 2 as a child. I don't think I've come to any harm by having an extra one...
Reply 24
sorry haven't replied sooner, just been to Alton Towers for two days!
thanks for everyone's help.
Yeah i think boosters might not have been given when i was little, cause on my medical notes it says : MMR at 3 years old (if not given before).
The GP is currently getting a list of all the vaccinations according to him, so i can find out if i have had any boosters from that.
thanks again.
Reply 25
an_end_has_a_start
maybe a stupid question but why do they do all these blood tests to get into uni?

Also cos you get groups of 300 students living together, and they don't want you all to get mumps and your balls to drop off!
Reply 26
:rofl:

We can only hope they find a vaccine for the clap then. :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending