The Student Room Group

Quitting job

I want to quit my bar job, which I quite like, it is near to where I live, hours are alright. I have anew full time job (even though i am a part time Uni student).
However I think my boss will be really mad, and really dont know how to tell her. Do I tell her I have a new job which pays more and means when i finish Uni I can work full time. Or do I just say Uni work is getting to much for me... I think she will think that is a lie, I only work three nights and only do three modules?
Reply 1
Well, it's tough if she gets mad really - people are allowed to leave their jobs. Just write a resignation letter saying that you have enjoyed your time working here, but due to university commitments, and with regret, you are going to have to resign. Or you could say that due to financial considerations, you're going to have to get a full time job.
Reply 2
:ditto:

or...you could do what i did and just don't go, and ignore any texts/calls from your boss. they'll eventually get the drift - but you can't ask them for a reference then, and remember not to put them as a previous job when filling in another aplication :biggrin:
Reply 3
i want to work for her in september when i come back to uni.
Reply 4
oh, right then. well couldn't you explain this to her. she might be more understanding than expected.
Reply 5
Yeah everyone apart from this one guy at works thinks I should come clean...
Reply 6
is she generally a nice woman?
if so then go clean. if you're a little unsure, then maybe don't tell her all the details. You could just say that you're a little worried about the debts, and so you want a job for a while just to save a bit extra cash. but you've had a great time and so you'd want your job back in the near future when you have enough to carry on in uni.

:s-smilie:
Reply 7
She is a nice woman, but I have no idea how she would take this. She knows I am gouing to America for the summer and would want me to come back...
Reply 8
then tell her the truth. she obviously likes you otherwise she would have replaced you. she knows as well as anyone that someone would leap at the chance to have your job.
Reply 9
Ok.

Latest

Trending

Trending