The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
allymcb2
1. Hypocrisy is just a word invented to make crap people feel better. If you're that interested I got an A, a year early and I do think that makes me officially a ******. It does not prevent me from observing that you are, also, a ******.

2. They aren't called oxbridgers. They are called Oxonians and filthy, stinking, boat race losing Tabs. Get it right.

3. You don't know "Ucl" or "warick", or in fact, UCL and Warwick, as the literate world knows them, you know undergraduates at UCL and Warwick, and they are almost exclusively not worth knowing. I'd lik to see how you an prove othewise

4. Yes I am sure in the "normal world of work" aka loserville, a C grade is adequate. One would hope so, considering that what the "pass mark" is based on.

4. I think on the higher paper you need about 20% to get a C , which I'm slightly embarrassed about, but considering most of the population live in the world you so affectionally call 'loserville' , I think you are just showing yourself up a bit as a wee snob..

3. I would like you to prove that undergrads at UCL or Warwick are not worth knowing. Every single one ? Some of them must be decent chaps...? surely..? ( thank-you for showing me how the literate world knows these places ,I didn't know that UCL was all capitals or Warwick had two w's)

2. I was trying to describe all Oxbridge graduates not just those from Oxford
hence Oxbridge + rs to indicate plural. probably still wrong but in a different way.

1. I think you are clever enough to know the true definition of hypocrisy. I would ask you not to call be a ****** because whilst I there just inserted six *'s I'm pretty sure you didn't.

xx :smile:
Reply 61
.Ed.
4. I think on the higher paper you need about 20% to get a C , which I'm slightly embarrassed about, but considering most of the population live in the world you so affectionally call 'loserville' , I think you are just showing yourself up a bit as a wee snob..

3. I would like you to prove that undergrads at UCL or Warwick are not worth knowing. Every single one ? Some of them must be decent chaps...? surely..? ( thank-you for showing me how the literate world knows these places ,I didn't know that UCL was all capitals or Warwick had two w's)

2. I was trying to describe all Oxbridge graduates not just those from Oxford
hence Oxbridge + rs to indicate plural. probably still wrong but in a different way.

1. I think you are clever enough to know the true definition of hypocrisy. I would ask you not to call be a ****** because whilst I there just inserted six *'s I'm pretty sure you didn't.

xx :smile:

4. I am a complete snob and proud of it.
3. There aren't any on the times rich list, can't think of any who have done anything massively notable in politics. If they were worth knowing, I would know who they are. Being a "nice chap" doesn't make you worth knowing.
2.Yes, you were still wrong.
1. Well, it began with r and was what we were discussing earlier.
Reply 62
allymcb2
4. I am a complete snob and proud of it.
3. There aren't any on the times rich list, can't think of any who have done anything massively notable in politics. If they were worth knowing, I would know who they are. Being a "nice chap" doesn't make you worth knowing.
2.Yes, you were still wrong.
1. Well, it began with r and was what we were discussing earlier.

Interesting that being on the times rich list is a requirement of being worth knowing to you.. I on the other hand would say that being a 'nice chap' defiantly makes a person worth knowing. This difference makes me quite glad to be considered a ****** in your eyes.

xx
dentistry. he has got offers from bristol southampton and kings
Reply 64
Ramos_Spurs
dentistry. he has got offers from bristol southampton and kings

what grades did he get for his gcses and A levels, also what subjects did he take for a levels
Reply 65
allymcb2
OK. I will rephrase. Everyone worth knowing thinks it.

But you don't have any friends so how would you know?:s-smilie:
Reply 66
Imported
But you don't have any friends so how would you know?:s-smilie:

Untrue.
Reply 67
34 person
Yeah they would be considered bad, I'm afriad. Dentistry is very competative and many candidates will have better grades. You may need to consider other universities but getting into any dentsitry course with those grades will be tough. You will need excellent AS grades/work experience/extra curricular to redeem yourself!

That is such a mean thing to say! Where is the support?

Everyone knows that Universities pay more attention to A levels than anything else!..If anything for dentistry they'll probably just look to see that you did ok in your sciences or wateva and As and Bs are amazing grades at a level!
Reply 68
tai89

Everyone knows that Universities pay more attention to A levels than anything else!..If anything for dentistry they'll probably just look to see that you did ok in your sciences or wateva and As and Bs are amazing grades at a level!

Cutting down the competition :wink:
Reply 69
tai89

It was not a "mean thing to say" -I'm just saying it how it is. Dentistry is a cruel course to compete on. Most students applying will have As and Bs (mainly As) at AS level, with 3A predictions and better gcses than this person. I'm not saying these grades aren't good, As and Bs at gcse are respectable, but in comparison to other prospective dentsry students, they will be below paar.

Hopefully, however, with good Alevels and relevant work experience, the universities will look past this person's gcses and offer them an interview. :smile:
Reply 70
tai89

I'm afraid he's right, you're wrong. Why don't just wait to see if the OP gets in eh?
Reply 71
allymcb2
I'm afraid he's right, you're wrong. Why don't just wait to see if the OP gets in eh?

Which is why Ramos_Spurs gives an example of someone getting into denistry at Kings who had similar GCSE results.

With good A levels and work experience etc. you could help make up for it. Just give it a go :smile:
Reply 72
they are no way bad end of .
Reply 73
malsi101
they are no way bad end of .

I'm going to ignore the grammar of this post..............Dentistry is extremely competitive to get into. You have to have really good GCSE's along side A levels. It is no good giving the op false hope, nor is it good to tell them not to bother.
Reply 74
Imported
I'm going to ignore the grammar of this post..............Dentistry is extremely competitive to get into. You have to have really good GCSE's along side A levels. It is no good giving the op false hope, nor is it good to tell them not to bother.

Be fair to the lass she used a full stop.
Reply 75
.Ed.
Be fair to the lass she used a full stop.

i stick to what i said.
Shokz
wat the hell are wrong with those results , c'mon dude i got 4 and a half C's at gcse i dont consider looking back at what i did back then , and here u are complaining about these results :rolleyes:

Well if you want to go to a good university (top 20) you need good GCSE's and if you want to do a popular course you need really good GCSE's .

Shokz if you could go back in time , are you telling me you would not work harder and get them A's?
Reply 77
Jack Sparrow
Well if you want to go to a good university (top 20) you need good GCSE's and if you want to do a popular course you need really good GCSE's .

Shokz if you could go back in time , are you telling me you would not work harder and get them A's?

Forget me , he / she is complaining about A's and B's which i find quite shocking:eek:
Reply 78
Reply 79
34 person
Yeah they would be considered bad, I'm afriad. Dentistry is very competative and many candidates will have better grades. You may need to consider other universities but getting into any dentsitry course with those grades will be tough. You will need excellent AS grades/work experience/extra curricular to redeem yourself!

i dont think they are bad, i got just 7 As and 4 Bs and i am doing ok

Latest