The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
It's all getting rather close...

Yeah, on the whole likelihood of LaFollette coming up thing, our teacher mentioned something about the "Modern Moral Philosophy" (Schneewind) one not coming up at all - it seems like the same sort of situation with the Westphal article on the Philosophy side, judging by the last few posts.

Any ideas on how to revise for this exam? Wytpak1 had some suggestions.. anyone else found any other methods?
Reply 21
I'm just researching lots of cases for hte Lafolette and the other just in case, making a big pretty spider diagram (is remotely amusing and this is my last exam, so fun revision is in order) of lots of examples and implications, then my opinions, what knowledge I could brign in from other subjects etc.

Thats about it, really. I'm coutning on the laFolette
I haven't started revising for it yet, since I have an exam every day this week and two on Monday with the implications exam.
But what I'm going to do over the weekend is go through each extract and bullet each of the main points for the "interpretation" part of the question, and what links to each. and then do the same for the agree/disagree with this interpretation one.
Basically I'm going to learn the essays I've written during term, and maybe choose a key quote from each of the main paragraphs that are likely to come up so I have something to refer to in the exam.
But apart from that...
This is a bit irrelavent, but is anyone doing the Edexcel History Unit 5 on the same day?
Reply 23
Ok, how essential is it to have examples from the news and stuff? Because not many people seem to have mentioned it on here but our teacher was banging on abotu it. And how do we incoporate stuff from other subjects? Do we just use them to back up our points in the second question or to support what you said in the first question?
Reply 24
sangeeta ..janet are u there?
LieDown
Ok, how essential is it to have examples from the news and stuff? Because not many people seem to have mentioned it on here but our teacher was banging on abotu it. And how do we incoporate stuff from other subjects? Do we just use them to back up our points in the second question or to support what you said in the first question?

as long as you have one example then it's usually ok. it's not massively essential - you wont lose marks for not having it but you will gain some if you do have it.

the example my teacher used in class for how to include it was about intuition, and how people's intuition can so often be wrong, as bertrand russell said. and then she referenced paul mccartney and heather mills and their divorce - obviously his intuition about her was not right when he married her... or something.

sorry if that makes no sense :s-smilie:
Reply 26
any1 doin religion instead of ethics?:smile:
Reply 27
i mean any one doing
dimensions of religion nanji A
islamic ethics nanji A
the religous experience of mankind Ninian Smart
ok, so how did people find the exam today?

i loved that personal relationships came up, as its the one i understand the most!!!
i loved that westphal didn't come up for philosophy! i probably wouldn't have even been able to write a word if he had come up.

did anyone else rather enjoy the exam? i mean... being able to go in your own direction with the essay rather than just spitting out information and everything?
Reply 30
Are we allowed to talk about this yet?
yeas :smile: 12 hours has passed
Reply 32
Ah ok cool :smile: I thought it went Ok actually! First bit is so hard to do, I think the marks aren't ordered very well because I barely wrote anything for that but loads for b)

And LaFollete came up!! Yay! I could see it through the paper whilst we were filling in the frotn and nearly cried with relief! It wasn't a great passage but better than others defo!

:biggrin: I'm just glad they're all over!
Reply 33
LieDown

And LaFollete came up!! Yay! I could see it through the paper whilst we were filling in the frotn and nearly cried with relief! It wasn't a great passage but better than others defo!

Same! They put it down on my table, I could see the text through the front page, I saw LaFollette and grinned like an idiot. :p:
Ah yes, the idiot grin :biggrin: I seem to recall a collective sigh of relief when we all realised what it was.
The passage was pretty good, bit vague though, but on the upside, I guess than meant there should have been loads of things to talk about.. Everyone seems pretty positive!
lol do u mean the second one...the personal relations one, as i say that and i was smiling a smile of relief, as i couldnt have answered the other two as they were so hard! lol

Latest

Trending

Trending