The Student Room Group

Question about deferring and withdrawing

Just a quick question-if you have offers this year, but are planning to withdraw, take a gap year, and reapply, is it possible to defer one university but withdraw the others? If you can, does that mean you have one secure uni place, which is deferred for 2009, and can only apply for 3 other places when you reapply?

Thanks and sorry for any confusion.
You may be able to persuade one of your current universities to make its offer one for deferred entry. However, if you are holding a deferred place for 2009 and wish to apply to other universities for entry in 2009 in the 2009 cycle you will have to withdraw entirely from the 2008 cycle, which involves giving up the deferred offer.
Reply 2
Okay, so there's no way I can keep one deferred offer, for 2009, withdraw the other ones I have no, then reapply to 4 more universities (keeping the deferred offer) for the 2009 cycle?
Correct.
Reply 4
Even if I plan to reapply to the same uni I have a deferred offer from? *clutches to last hopes*
You cannot apply through UCAS while holding an offer from a previous year at all. You would have to take the risk again and the university that made you an offer this year may not do so next year, especially if you mess them about by asking for a deferral late and then declining it anyway only to pop up with a new application.
Reply 6
Alright. Thanks...makes sense :redface:
:smile: You are welcome. I suppose your question (and underlying hope) fits into the can I have my cake and eat is as well? category.

Latest

Trending

Trending