The Student Room Group

how many ucas points do you have?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
OK...............

So Paul Smith does four A levels... maths history geog and PE. He gets A's in all the subjects, but decided to drop PE. He finishe your second year of A levels, get BBB overall well this is how you calculate your points:

So Paul Smith has BBB a level plus one AS A grade.

Three full A levels.... A grade is worth 120, B is 100, C is 80, D is 60, E is 40, so Paul Smith has 300 points. He can also include his AS in PE, which is worth half the points of the grades above, so an A is worth 60 points at A level. So in total Paul Smith has 360 points. #

You do not add AS and A levels, so for example Paul Smith has not got 320 points for Maths, you have either an A level or an AS. Also there is no point if you have finished AS levels pointing you point score, as you need to do at least two full a levels to get into most unis.
Reply 21
There is a UCAS points calculator here. :smile:
layla_1234
OK...............

So Paul Smith does four A levels... maths history geog and PE. He gets A's in all the subjects, but decided to drop PE. He finishe your second year of A levels, get BBB overall well this is how you calculate your points:

So Paul Smith has BBB a level plus one AS A grade.

Three full A levels.... A grade is worth 120, B is 100, C is 80, D is 60, E is 40, so Paul Smith has 300 points. He can also include his AS in PE, which is worth half the points of the grades above, so an A is worth 60 points at A level. So in total Paul Smith has 360 points. #

You do not add AS and A levels, so for example Paul Smith has not got 320 points for Maths, you have either an A level or an AS. Also there is no point if you have finished AS levels pointing you point score, as you need to do at least two full a levels to get into most unis.

That's correct.. but who was it aimed at? :confused:
slugonamission
Yeah, some music awards can also count :smile:

Along with Key Skills (which I didn't do) and, bizarrely, some equestrian qualifications (which I did). :smile:
Reply 24
Wow there's some very clever people here! I got 380, and I wasn't predicted to do that well so I was pretty chuffed :p:
Reply 25
d0mz
There is a UCAS points calculator here. :smile:
NoScript thinks otherwise.
120 I think. I dunno, maths isn't my strong point lol.
I got 370 and am proud. :smile:
Reply 28
400 something for my highers and advaced highers, not including standard grade credits, which are worth 28 each if I remember correctly.
Reply 29
240, sat for four AS subjects already, A2 in June.

By the way, i wonder how many people out there(or in this forum)actually got 600, that's equivalent to 5 subjects with A at A2 level!!!
Reply 30
foxo
400 something for my highers and advaced highers, not including standard grade credits, which are worth 28 each if I remember correctly.

Do you really get UCAS points for Standard grades? Are you not about 15 when you do those? How come the same isn't true for GCSEs?
Reply 31
err...

i have 420 at the moment...

if i get my predictions for A2 i will have 660.

ridiculous really!
Reply 32
Oh my..how many A2 and AS subjects are you taking?
Reply 33
I've done 6 AS's - not by choice as such, it just worked out like that! and am now doing 4 A2s. (and the 60 come from an AEA + Keyskills)
Reply 34
I have 2 x A Levels @ A grade, so 240, and 2 x A Levels @ B grade, so 200, which makes 440. According to wikipedia, AEAs have also been worth UCAS points since the 2005/6 cycle, giving me another 40 points (40 for a distinction, 20 for a merit). So in total = 480 points for me.

For those asking about points for music qualifications:

Spoiler

I'm predicted 540 (4As at Alevel and an A at AS....)
Reply 36
480 for A-levels + 60 for AS but 17 for FSMQ + 40 for Grade 7 violin when I was about 16 = 597
Reply 37
I don't even know! I've got various extracurriculars e.g. music exams, and then of course A levels, but I don't know my total number of points. To be honest, I just wrote my PS, applied, and am now working to get my grades for uni instead of viewing the system from a points-based perspective. I probably should, but I haven't needed to so far.
Reply 38
I put what I am hoping/predicted to get:
42 on the IB gives me 698

Edit: If I'm allowed to add on my A in A level German (which would be a bit unfair as I actually do German on IB too) and my A is AS physics and my predicted horse riding and horse care stage 3 - which I'm taking this summer and expecting to pass - then I get looooooads of points, something like 948!!!!!!!
Reply 39
on the scottish system i currently have
5xA at higher=5x72=360

at the end of this year though i hope to have
3xA at Advanced Higher
3xA at Higher not taken to AH
=(3x120) + (3x72)
=576

EDIT: if im including all the qualifications in the tariff page on ucas then i also get
1x1 at standard grade = 38
1xA at intermediate 2 = 42
Music grade 6 pass = 25
3xcore skills at higher = 60
2xcore skills at int 2 = 20

so in total that makes 761 by the end of this year (im bored and meant to be revising so the 3A's i want in my AH are unlikely)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending