The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Speedbird2008

Q sign - As O sign, but with their tongue sticking out

:rofl:

OP, I wouldn't imply exclusive interest in my PS in a particular field. Maybe just mention it as one of the things you saw during your work experience that interested you, and say why.

And I don't quite know what specialty I'd like to go into, I think it's a bit too early to decide already (and I'm a second year medic!). Give it a year, and I'll have a much better idea, methinks.
Reply 41
I wrote in my PS that I was interested in neuroscience stuff.

I still think neurology and psychiatry are most interesting. But I'm not sure if I'm cut out for them.

I find O&G/paeds much dryer academically but can see myself happier doing them.

Also how anyone can like cardiology is beyond me :ninja:
Saffie
Also how anyone can like cardiology is beyond me :ninja:

Saffie, how dare you insult Cardiology!

And why would anyone enjoy looking up a 70 year olds' indecently horrid smelling, yeast infected vagina?
Reply 43
Speedbird2008
Saffie, how dare you insult Cardiology!

And why would anyone enjoy looking up a 70 year olds' indecently horrid smelling, yeast infected vagina?
I never said I'd enjoy that bit of it :p:

Cardio - You get to watch people wreck their health with obesity/smoking/drinking and then try and delay the inevitable.
Saffie
I never said I'd enjoy that bit of it :p:

Cardio - You get to watch people wreck their health with obesity/smoking/drinking and then try and delay the inevitable.

Hmm...

I can't really argue with that. :p: :biggrin:

Though that transcends all Medicine TBF.
Reply 45
Speedbird2008
Hmm...

I can't really argue with that. :p: :biggrin:

Though that transcends all Medicine TBF.
Yeah you're right, everything has risk factors, but I think the risk factors and their reduction make up a huge part of cardio, which doesn't really interest me.
Reply 46
Saffie
Yeah you're right, everything has risk factors, but I think the risk factors and their reduction make up a huge part of cardio, which doesn't really interest me.

Saw a young patient having a CABG today who had no risk factors - the world can be cruel at times. I dread to think what I've done that could affect my long term health, but that's another story.

As for Orth: I don't know about Bristol students specifically, only know a couple of aspiring orthopods personally, everyone seems obsessed with O&G, GP and general surgery! No, I don't play rugby, but I like the more holistic, patient-centred, multidisciplinary, continuity-of-care-orientated side of Orthopaedics. Wait a minute...
Reply 47
Muse
As for Orth: I don't know about Bristol students specifically, only know a couple of aspiring orthopods personally, everyone seems obsessed with O&G, GP and general surgery! No, I don't play rugby, but I like the more holistic, patient-centred, multidisciplinary, continuity-of-care-orientated side of Orthopaedics. Wait a minute...

To honest, all surgical specialties appeal to me far more than medical ones. It just so happens that ortho is something i've always had an interest in.
I'll have to learn some anatomy first though
Daveo
I'll have to learn some anatomy first though

During the summer between your finals and your F1 year...

:ninja:

*Blog stalker*
Reply 49
We have something like 2 weeks between end of 5th year and start of F1. Would have to read bloody quickly :wink:
Reply 50
More that just ortho we have to read, how about pharmacology....!

(although I must say my communication skills are superb!)
Reply 51
Egypt
Of course they are... :wink:
Reply 52
Egypt
More that just ortho we have to read, how about pharmacology....!

Quite ironic really :wink:
Reply 53
Renal
If it's wet, keep it dry.
If it's dry, keep it wet.
If it's not supposed to be there, cut it off.

:biggrin:

You forgot:

If they're on steroids, take them off them and
If they're not on steroids, but them on them!

:redface:
Reply 54
Sarky
You forgot:

If they're on steroids, take them off them and
If they're not on steroids, but them on them!

:redface:
I couldn't remember it at the time. :redface:
Reply 55
Renal
I couldn't remember it at the time. :redface:

You're gonna be a rubbish dermatologist :p:
Reply 56
Sarky
You're gonna be a rubbish dermatologist :p:
Dermaholiday is next month for me, plenty of time to learn it all. :p:
What idiot made the phrase "pharmaholiday" lol?
Reply 58
Philosoraptor
What idiot made the phrase "pharmaholiday" lol?

Pharamhelliday, surely?
Sounds more like it :p:.

Latest

Trending

Trending