The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
is it worrying i can;t answer some of those?^^^^
Reply 21
also,orthodox are the historians who critcise chamberlains,revisionists are the ones who revise this view(duh) once they saw all the parliamentary documents and stuff in the 70's?and post revisionist is somewhere in the middle of these two?is tht essentially correct?
Reply 22
yeah basically an ortodox historian was overly critical of cahmberlain and supported the guilty men theory, which i think was chamberlain baldwin and someone else, im tepted to say Atlee... anyway revisionists basicallly stated that Chamberlain did the best that he could and he actually saved the country.
post revisionists take the middle ground and say that whilst he did the best he THOUGHT he could he actually ignored very plausable alternatives
Reply 23
Sachlee
is it worrying i can;t answer some of those?^^^^

no dont worry i couldnt either i just searched the internet untill i knew the answers... thats kind of the idea. it will give you a good background on the whole era and help you wih your own knowlege in the exam
Reply 24
thank you!arghhh im so scared for this exam its unreal.
Reply 25
feel free to ask any more questions! its helping me as much as it is you!
Reply 26
i know quite a lot of the answers but not all of them,my teacher said interpretations werent exactly numerous on the 20's so my revision has been focused on the 30's for my essay questions...im a bit scared on hearing that the passages q might be on the treaty!erm can u give me one example of each of the type of historian?like names?
Reply 27
churchill was a orthodox historian
Reply 28
im not too sure about the rest, i know that David Irving is a revisionist, he is the man that claimed the holocaust was false and got arrested for it in Austria! haha
but basically its any one who disputes the general view of history and takes it upon themselves to discover knew sources and such.... hope that helps
Reply 29
but dont be worried about the 20's its only in there so you have an idea of relations before the 30's like contextual knowlege, it will help you answer questions like how did relations get better and dthat kind of thing
Reply 30
any more questions people i need to answer for my revision!
its the only thing that really helps.
simmilarily you could ask me some questions and then i will ask you some... like bounce ideas of each other?
Reply 31
How do you lot go about writing the passages based question?

I personally, group the sources into the various views, then do a paragraph on each view link in the sources, a bit of provenence, explain with background and evaluate what the types of historians think of the view.

Is this about right?
Reply 32
i do it differently,i assess each one right at the start with a very simple agree/disagree with the statement,and analyse them in the order i've given,just cross referencing constantly and backing it up or contradicting them with wider knowledge.also when you say "types of historians" you dont mean you include additional interpretations in the passages question do you?i hope we dont have to do that!
Reply 33
no you dont have to do that! but you can do, it might help and show that you know your stuff. i do what you do in the sense that i come up with a general view for each one and then underline points in each one that disagree or agree then number them so i can compare and contrast, its an easy way to make sure yuor paragraphs are well structured and not like para1 = source a para 2 = source b etc because you will lose marks for that. i think it is good to incorporate your own knowlege into each paragrapha and then write a mini conclusion summarising your point in each para
Reply 34
Not additional interpretations as such, just expanding on the debates suggested by the sources, rather than just concentrating on the sources as evidence. I just do so in the hope of fulfilling this little point in the mark scheme below, in the hope of scoring brownie points lol

Answers require some broad understanding of historical debate, but never depend on any reference to the views of particular historians (pertinent references to such will, however, be given credit - as in any AS/A2 Unit).
Reply 35
aw thanks,i didn't know about that,may get a few in if i can!yep own knowledge in every paragraph.right,good luck guys,i sincerely hope we get decent questions!
Reply 36
That's ok, good luck! Anything other than early 1920's stuff will be great :smile: Right i'm off to bed to do some last minute reading on Munich :P
Reply 37
how did you all find it?i thought the passages q was ok,but i messed up the essay entirely,i did the 2nd one.a fair paper but one i messed up:frown:
Reply 38
the passages question was really good, spent too long on it though which meant my essay (the 1st one) was terrible lol

Good paper if i'd managed my time better
Reply 39
yeah ditto,if i'd thought my answer through.ah well,lets hope the synoptic/coursework pulls up the marks!

Latest

Trending

Trending