The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I don't understand what you mean, I didn't say Oxford/Cambridge wasn't the best overall. I just said that they are not the best at every single subject.
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 21
jamie7
I don't understand what you mean, I didn't say Oxford/Cambridge wasn't the best overall. I just said that they are not the best at every single subject.

Dude im not arguing with u.
you're right n i agree not a single uni in Uk or perhaps world is best at everything...
So as oxbridge i was just replying to those ppl saying rubbish abt lboro without any facts i never said that lboro is the best or one of the very best but certainly on some course it is the very best n fav among employers too n if not in premiere league of 10 certainly within top 15.
Reply 22
Heya, sorry I misunderstood you.
Reply 23
jamie7
Heya, sorry I misunderstood you.

No pro dude.
Reply 24
OMG, I am a current Loughborough Sudent. MOST of you have a seriously warped perception of my university!
AS FOR ''students walking into lboro (loughborough) but dont have a chance at others''.....DUDE!!!! I strolled into Durham, WITHOUT an interview. Couldnt get into loughborough without one! I study Aeronautical Engineering. I am NOT a sport guy and that arrogant person who said ''got in cos they were captain of the cricket team'' is absolute crap!! out lecturers are often the top in their field.
YES, there is a LOT of sporty types here! a LOT of ''bums'' but for the rest of the student population (70%+) we are not! Loughborough IS academically strong and rightfully deserves its place as number 10 in the tables. it was 13 last year and 3 places is much of a jump. so it isnt like its out of the blue. It has been progressively rising.
Our Engineering students are some of the finest in the country and we actually get tro combine practice and theory at a greater level than the more ''up your own ass'' unis of cambridge and durham. (no offence normal people there. I think the main reason is we are a more modern and newer uni that you all seem so outraged by our rating. does age matter? Perhaps instead of just slagging off the table position, you read the in-depth reviews of our uni, which praise us and say we are becoming more of an elite uni, edging closer to the extreme elites bla bla bla.
Yes, i am biased cos i am here, but it just isnt as bad as you say. The uni life is good ( i mean UNION associated things) but the town life is crap! it is full of 15 year old ''kevs'' and ''chaves'' pretending they are uni students.

''Loughborough is for LIFE''

Mike
Reply 25
lovezzin
OMG, I am a current Loughborough Sudent. MOST of you have a seriously warped perception of my university!
AS FOR ''students walking into lboro (loughborough) but dont have a chance at others''.....DUDE!!!! I strolled into Durham, WITHOUT an interview. Couldnt get into loughborough without one! I study Aeronautical Engineering. I am NOT a sport guy and that arrogant person who said ''got in cos they were captain of the cricket team'' is absolute crap!! out lecturers are often the top in their field.
YES, there is a LOT of sporty types here! a LOT of ''bums'' but for the rest of the student population (70%+) we are not! Loughborough IS academically strong and rightfully deserves its place as number 10 in the tables. it was 13 last year and 3 places is much of a jump. so it isnt like its out of the blue. It has been progressively rising.
Our Engineering students are some of the finest in the country and we actually get tro combine practice and theory at a greater level than the more ''up your own ass'' unis of cambridge and durham. (no offence normal people there. I think the main reason is we are a more modern and newer uni that you all seem so outraged by our rating. does age matter? Perhaps instead of just slagging off the table position, you read the in-depth reviews of our uni, which praise us and say we are becoming more of an elite uni, edging closer to the extreme elites bla bla bla.
Yes, i am biased cos i am here, but it just isnt as bad as you say. The uni life is good ( i mean UNION associated things) but the town life is crap! it is full of 15 year old ''kevs'' and ''chaves'' pretending they are uni students.

''Loughborough is for LIFE''

Mike

Thank u so much dude for the post... im also not one of those sporty guys on campus.
can u please ans few more qs
as im an international students is lboros degree good enough to make n intl student earn work permit coz i ve heard getting work permit for intl student is a nightmare
and wat abt the business school's reputation?
n part time jobs on n off campus? is it easy to manage it with studies or studies r very tough?
N i missed out on Nottingham i hope i wont regret it once i join lboro coz it prefered it coz of its sandwich program
n ya the most important thing is it easy to get work placement how much help u do get from the uni itself

btw i'll b studying Management Sciences oct 2005
Reply 26
Hey Boys and Gals out ther,

I have something to say to all of you!

You people have an utterly wrong way of treating any Universities . Or I wud say it wouldnt be good to call any Uni for that mattter with those words such as crap and so on. By doing so you re actually maltreating not only the Unis but also the esteemed faculty who have gone to that stage by putting a lot of hard work and using their valuable life for the spread of education (although material). As I see almost all the Unis would have the basic facility that can cater to a Sincere Student who reely wants to study (I mean u wouldnt find any class rooms without benches nor would u find any labs lacking intruments or apparatus),. The rest depends on how much u can put urself in studies and how much reely u can make use of the things around there, afterall no grades come from heavens directly, u need to put effort.

So my sincere advice is that use this forum to help each other on say things like accomodation, the kind of coursework and also might be about the city culture prevailing in the University cities.

Dudes " Let You Prosper By Your Efforts "

and by doing so you will not blame the University for that rather you wud appreciate each every instance you have spent there, irrespective whether its Loughborouhg or MIT USA.

Best regards

Vs050
Reply 27
wise words... :p:
Reply 28
hey, i may go to lboro, as it is my first choice, and i was wondering wat the night life is like there? like how many clubs and how many pubs, and also how many clubs and pubs, as i like to go out and drink booze, i heard that there isnt many nightclubs down there, and also when is freshers week!
Reply 29
kpLeeds
hey, i may go to lboro, as it is my first choice, and i was wondering wat the night life is like there? like how many clubs and how many pubs, and also how many clubs and pubs, as i like to go out and drink booze, i heard that there isnt many nightclubs down there, and also when is freshers week!

You'll always be able to find somewhere to drink, and if all else fails the union is supposed to be very good. It really depends what you're into. Obviously there isn't as much choice as the major cities, but there are a few clubs, and plenty of pubs, and if you fancy a really big night out, clubbing in together and getting a minibus to Nottingham or Leicester isn't unreasonable.
Reply 30
lol leicesters one scary place at night!!!
Reply 31
Bex!
lol leicesters one scary place at night!!!

Shhhh, I'm off out in Leicester tomorrow night!! :eek:
KpLeeds, check the other thread about lufbra social life, there are some in depth replies about the state to town and union drinking holes!
Reply 33
Ditzy
Shhhh, I'm off out in Leicester tomorrow night!! :eek:

oh ok, sorry - leicester is the most beautiful spot in England. There's no crime there at all!!!

note to self: ive never been so scared in my entire life there!
Reply 34
Bex!
oh ok, sorry - leicester is the most beautiful spot in England. There's no crime there at all!!!

lol :laugh:

Latest

Trending

Trending