The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Now people are settling a bit... how about a UKL pub night?

Hola people,
Hope you are all settling into, and enjoying Manchester as much as I am enjoying settling back into my 2nd year! It was mentioned a few times over the summer, the possibility of meeting up for a drink or two sometime. Just wondering if that was a load of hot air or if people are actually up for it?

My personal suggestion would be for a Sunday night in The Oxford with all vodka and mixers £1? But I'll happily plonk myself anywhere.

Ed

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I haven't been to the Oxford yet, I'm up for it.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
I'm not sure.... I don't really know people that well! Went to The Oxford on Friday and it is good but.... i dunno....
I'll think about it and let you know
x
Reply 3
Tednol
Hola people,
Hope you are all settling into, and enjoying Manchester as much as I am enjoying settling back into my 2nd year! It was mentioned a few times over the summer, the possibility of meeting up for a drink or two sometime. Just wondering if that was a load of hot air or if people are actually up for it?

My personal suggestion would be for a Sunday night in The Oxford with all vodka and mixers £1? But I'll happily plonk myself anywhere.

Ed

I'm up for that, wherever there is alcohol!
Reply 4
Well if there is a demand for it count me in. However I'm not checking UKL particularly regularly at the moment as we STILL haven't managed to get internet sorted in our house. The fact BT has told us it would take 5 weeks just to get a BT line run to our house is not helping... still get a BT line 13th of this month and internet a week or two later and we'll be away.

Ed
Reply 5
Tednol
Well if there is a demand for it count me in. However I'm not checking UKL particularly regularly at the moment as we STILL haven't managed to get internet sorted in our house. The fact BT has told us it would take 5 weeks just to get a BT line run to our house is not helping... still get a BT line 13th of this month and internet a week or two later and we'll be away.

Ed

As I would say with my new found lingo from my crazy flatmates.
"safe"
"Winner"
"Rockin"
Sorry for that randomness, I'm soooo hungover from last night. 42nd street..the first time i've been and I did really like it.
Reply 6
Daveo
As I would say with my new found lingo from my crazy flatmates.
"safe"
"Winner"
"Rockin"
Sorry for that randomness, I'm soooo hungover from last night. 42nd street..the first time i've been and I did really like it.

I was there on Saturday, it was a good night. I am still suffering though as Stagecoach decided to run the 86's every half hour instead of 10 minutes and there was no taxis. We had to get the 43 to Palatine Road, West Didsbury and walk back to the north side of Chorlton from there. It was a 2.5 mile walk at 3:00am. I am full of a cold now :wink:

Bloody students! :tongue:
Reply 7
Looking at my finances, I'll come if I've got any money left on sunday! I've spent a lot on going out already this week.
I'm certainly up for it if it gets aranged. I'm back home this coming weekend but after that, any sunday would be good, pretty much! Looking forward to meeting you all!
Reply 9
Lol well thus far this thread has been all talk! Shall we throw a date out there and see what people think of it? How about... a week this Tuesday. It's after exams, and slightly after the "oh my god exams are over time to drink drink drink" rush?

So the 3rd of February as a possible date for a bit of a meet up somewhere in Manchester we all know/like? I'm flexible... but to get the ball rolling I'll suggest The Orange Grove, or the union if people want to go somewhere more central to those who are not from Fallowfield?
Tednol
Lol well thus far this thread has been all talk! Shall we throw a date out there and see what people think of it? How about... a week this Tuesday. It's after exams, and slightly after the "oh my god exams are over time to drink drink drink" rush?

So the 3rd of February as a possible date for a bit of a meet up somewhere in Manchester we all know/like? I'm flexible... but to get the ball rolling I'll suggest The Orange Grove, or the union if people want to go somewhere more central to those who are not from Fallowfield?

I would be up for it, not sure if i can make the 3rd tho....
Reply 11
Speciez99
I would be up for it, not sure if i can make the 3rd tho....

Throw a date into the thread... we've had lots of people say they'd be interested but we need some specifics to make anything happen!
Tednol
Throw a date into the thread... we've had lots of people say they'd be interested but we need some specifics to make anything happen!

say either the 31th of jan 1st or 2nd of Feb?
Reply 13
Speciez99
say either the 31th of jan 1st or 2nd of Feb?

Can't do the 2nd, but could do the other dates.
Reply 14
*Wants to be in Manchester* :frown:
Tednol
Can't do the 2nd, but could do the other dates.

yeah well i guess we now need to see if any other members are free on the 31th or 1st?

Daveo?
Ellie4

doesnt everyone! :biggrin:
Reply 17
Ellie4

I'm sure someone could put you up if you fancied catching the train up!
Reply 18
I still don't know! I think people would laugh at me for going to meet people off the internet!
Reply 19
Tednol
I'm sure someone could put you up if you fancied catching the train up!

Hehe, wouldn't want to intrude. Though if a nice young man were to offer me a place to stay, I'd consider just coming up for that! :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending