The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Well you're going to have to make up your own list or tell us which aspects of a city/university are important to you; as we can only give you the generalisms you'll hear about everywhere otherwise. In the meantime, take a look at this thread, which is very similar. And take a look at the Edinburgh wiki which may also answer some of your questions.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
The pros for me in order:

Ability to switch courses.
The city itself is beautiful.
A good reputation.

Cons:
Price of accommodation!
The very cold winters.
An extra year for English students.

The pros outweighed the cons for me which is why I hope to be there this September! :wink:
Reply 3
tricks

The very cold winters.

what do you mean by very cold winter? Is it snowing? Can you compare it to any other winter, let's say 'continental' - like in Germany?

other winter, hahah:biggrin:
Reply 4
anyone? :tongue:
Clubbing isn't brilliant if you like something other than Indie Posing or Dance.
Reply 6
guerin
what do you mean by very cold winter? Is it snowing? Can you compare it to any other winter, let's say 'continental' - like in Germany?

Naah we had snow in Edinburgh only once or twice this Winter. I've never found it to be that cold here to be honest.
Reply 7
guerin

Compared to London it is cold. Was up there in Feb and I could definitely feel a difference. Im not sure when compared to Germany, if I remember correctly Germany usually has alot of snow?
Reply 8
Prostitutes and convicts? :s-smilie:
Reply 9
You don't mention which course you are applying for...

- not a "campus" university. King's Buildings (where the science classes are) are quite aways away from the main campus.
- if you live in residence it's about a 30 min walk. Some students have their own cars and drive (it's good to get to know these ones :-) Others bring bikes.

Science students tend to feel abit isolated.

- residence food is not on par with other universities.

- academics (for science) is generally good, work load not as high as other uni's. Maybe because it's spread out over 4 yrs instead of 3?

- quality of prof/lectures varies with the courses.

Latest

Trending

Trending