The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

RS. I don't do it but everyone who does do it comes out with an A*. And those which don't get an A. Apparently the coursework is really time consuming though.
Out of those which I do.. definetley citizenship.
We have one hour once a fortnight and I don't have to go and I still get A*s (touch wood) I think it's because I do history and have opinions.
My teacher said at the beginning of the year, "All anyone really needs to pass citizenship, is common sense and a pen!"
I don't really have too much common sense so perhaps just a pen...
This obviously depends on what a certain person is good at.
For me maths was definitely the easiest compare to other subjects
Reply 23
Do you mean easiest in terms of biggest joke/doss, or what we personally found the easiest?

French was definitely the easiest GCSE, followed by German, English Language & Literature. But that's just because I find languages a lot easier than Science and Maths subjects. A lot of people say GCSE Maths was a joke, but I found it really difficult to get my head round all those numbers!
Citizenship is essentially PSE/PSHE isn't it? We never had to take that as a qualification at school but it was pretty much common sense. I hated Geography and I was awful at it (i'm one of those people who would struggle to tell you where Wales is, lol) and I managed an A.... so that either tells you a lot about the difficulty of the exam itself or the nature of the syllabus (I can tell you all about an Oxbow Lake). My school only covered R.S short course, but that was easy. So many people do badly because they spend most of their time in class moaning about having to learn about religion and ethics.... if they just thought of it the same as any other subject (I expect very few of them will ever have to make a waistcoat or a wooden pencil case, either but they managed that fine) then they'd have another qualification and not just a lovely 'E' grade.
Reply 25
ICT is not the easiest option.I do it at GCSE level and there is a LOT of coursework for it and the theory can be hard to grasp.

Latest