The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

acas13
Just to grab your attention. How much do AH science investigations count towards you final grade??? Thanks

They are out of 25 and the exam is out of 100 so they are 20%.

And Timmy, are you implying those who do lots of AH's can't have a life :p:
Meteorshower
They are out of 25 and the exam is out of 100 so they are 25%.

25/125 isn't 25%.:p:

Meteorshower
They are out of 25 and the exam is out of 100 so they are 25%.

:yep:
namedeprived
25/125 isn't 25%.:p:

Woops :s-smilie:
TimmyVermicelli
:yep:

Well you're wrong :p:
Meteorshower
Well you're wrong :p:

:wink:
Reply 86
Seems a good place to ask:
Next year, results permitting, I've chosen to do AH chemistry, AH music and crash H physics. I'm not set on what I want to do after school exactly, but I'm inclined towards something in the field of chemistry, computing or perhaps physics. Would it be advisable for me to swap AH music for AH maths? I haven't talked it over with any of my teachers yet but I'm thinking that maths would be more useful than music.
C274
Next year, results permitting, I've chosen to do AH chemistry, AH music and crash H physics. I'm not set on what I want to do after school exactly, but I'm inclined towards something in the field of chemistry, computing or perhaps physics. Would it be advisable for me to swap AH music for AH maths? I haven't talked it over with any of my teachers yet but I'm thinking that maths would be more useful than music.

Maths would be more useful than music for all of those choices, but that shouldn't be the only factor. The good thing with music is that it's very easy to continue playing your instrument without continuing to do it at school, but if it's something you really enjoy then it might be a good idea to keep music.

Logically maths would probably be the better choice as long as you don't mind the work (and it is more work than music)
Reply 88
Meteorshower
Maths would be more useful than music for all of those choices, but that shouldn't be the only factor. The good thing with music is that it's very easy to continue playing your instrument without continuing to do it at school, but if it's something you really enjoy then it might be a good idea to keep music.

Logically maths would probably be the better choice as long as you don't mind the work (and it is more work than music)

I appreciate that maths would involve more work but I'm prepared to put that work in. I do enjoy music but I wouldn't mind swapping it for maths at all, so I think that's what I'll do. Thanks :smile:
C274
I appreciate that maths would involve more work but I'm prepared to put that work in. I do enjoy music but I wouldn't mind swapping it for maths at all, so I think that's what I'll do. Thanks :smile:

Cool beans :smile:
Reply 90
C274

I think that it's better if you swap music for maths, since music doesn't help for any of the three subjects you've said.

BUT compensation is, assuming you're already around Grade 7 or Grade 8 even. You can go do this:
http://www.trinitycollege.co.uk/site/?id=1687 These are good fun, and at the end of it you've a nice, shiny certificate a good set of pieces. You could check out the other stuff Trinity's got on offer too, and see what you like ^__^
Reply 91
BillyLiu
I think that it's better if you swap music for maths, since music doesn't help for any of the three subjects you've said.

BUT compensation is, assuming you're already around Grade 7 or Grade 8 even. You can go do this:
http://www.trinitycollege.co.uk/site/?id=1687 These are good fun, and at the end of it you've a nice, shiny certificate a good set of pieces. You could check out the other stuff Trinity's got on offer too, and see what you like ^__^

That isn't really for me I'm afraid, I'm only around grade 4ish or whatever the standard is for higher. Thank you anyway though.
Reply 92
C274
That isn't really for me I'm afraid, I'm only around grade 4ish or whatever the standard is for higher. Thank you anyway though.

Well, there are two other certificates for you to play with :biggrin: No worries :smile:
If you were out of Scotland for 3 years and have came back to do 4 AHs, are you doing them at college? I have only picked 2 this year simply because my school did not run the ones I wished for.
I'm doing 2 advanced highers and 2 highers (AH Biology AH Health and Food TEch, Higher Chemistry (crash) and Higher Administration)

Do you think it will be a busy year????????
Depends how hard you work for them and how much else you do!
Reply 96
I think I am going to take advanced Biology and Chemistry. But unsure on the third, either advanced Maths, adanced English or higher Phsycology but I really don't know. I want to do medicine, if anyone wants to make a suggestion that would be great?
My suggestion would be take the subject you enjoy most, you could spin any of them to being beneficial to medicine really.
Reply 98
acas13
I think I am going to take advanced Biology and Chemistry. But unsure on the third, either advanced Maths, adanced English or higher Phsycology but I really don't know. I want to do medicine, if anyone wants to make a suggestion that would be great?

Agree with Meteorshower, for medicine the only one they really want is chemistry, biology might be useful aswell (though it's not explicitly necessary). Other than that, just take what you enjoy most. I did AH chemistry, geography and physics (and higher human biology) and did't have any problems because of what I took. People who did psychology in my year seemed to think it was awful and most dropped it, but I can't comment on the accuracy of that having not done the course myself.
Good luck!:smile:
Reply 99
I am kind of swinging towards english, although I have no idea why. Might just go with gut instinct though.

Latest

Trending

Trending