The Student Room Group

any essay markers?

i wrote a history essay recently and have big concerns with the facts i used in it:
they are the correct facts but a widely used textbook gives wrong facts. it is important essay and i am concerned that if a marker decides to check my facts, this textbook is where they will look and i won't get credit for my facts.

KU is worth 45% of essay marks so i'm worried about this.
anyway i was wondering how thoroughly most markers would check facts and if they checked them, would they be likely to use a textbook aimed at 15-16 year olds?
Reply 1
What are the facts you've used?
Reference where you got your facts from, and I think they're likely to use that to check it, rather than a different text book.
hellohellohellohello
i wrote a history essay recently and have big concerns with the facts i used in it:
they are the correct facts but a widely used textbook gives wrong facts. it is important essay and i am concerned that if a marker decides to check my facts, this textbook is where they will look and i won't get credit for my facts.

KU is worth 45% of essay marks so i'm worried about this.
anyway i was wondering how thoroughly most markers would check facts and if they checked them, would they be likely to use a textbook aimed at 15-16 year olds?

There's no such thing as "facts" in History.

Reference the book you've used (which you should really do anyway) to show where the "facts" came from, then it's not so much your responsibility.

It would be better if you could find another source that gives "more accurate" facts and then point out the differences.

How do you know the textbook you're using is "wrong"?

Latest

Trending

Trending