The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yep. And out of interest, how come you did the BMAT but didnt apply to any BMAT unis??
Reply 2
aerix
"This offer is subject to you obtaining

GCE A level
Grades AAB including
Chemistry"

Does this mean i have to get a mininum of a B in chemistry, and since it doesnt specify a biology grade does this mean you can get A's in 2 other subjects and only a B in bio?
You don't have to do biology at all but yes, you do have to get at least a B in chem.
Reply 3
Erm..im not too smart so i thought id get rejected from bmat unis so i did it to see if i was any good at it so if i did a gap year and reapplied id maybe apply there.
"You could go to Barts....
But we don't want to give you that!"
:p:
Reply 5
does anyone know if this offer is standard or if diff applicants recieved diff offers?
Reply 6
mine said including chem and bio. (2 years ago)
Reply 7
aerix
does anyone know if this offer is standard or if diff applicants recieved diff offers?
That sounds standard, but of course different candidates received different offers, a large number of candidates' offers are conditional on a 2.1 or a certain IB score, similar numbers are unconditional.
Is Barts KCL?

Or is that St Georges? Or GKT? Or RFUCMS?

I get sooo confuddled with all these names, I wish people would use university names instead. :p: :biggrin:
Speedbird2008
Is Barts KCL?

Or is that St Georges? Or GKT? Or RFUCMS?

I get sooo confuddled with all these names, I wish people would use university names instead. :p: :biggrin:

stop being a prat.
KCL = Kings college
RFUCL = Royal Free Uni College London (a.k.a UCL)
GKT = Guys Kings and St Thomas = Kings College (refers to the medical school itself)
ST Geoges = SGUL
davidjones90
KCL = Kings college
RFUCL = Royal Free Uni College London (a.k.a UCL)
GKT = Guys Kings and St Thomas = Kings College (refers to the medical school itself)
ST Geoges = SGUL

So what is Barts?

bright star
stop being a prat.

Huh? :confused:
BL or if you're feeling like a slap (around here at least) QMUL. it's pretty obvious if you use your head. aren't you jumping back on the medicine boat anyways? might as well learn the names of the places before you apply eh.... :rolleyes:
Reply 13
We are Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry. We've even dropped the "Queen Mary's" from our moniker!
Reply 14
My offer was AAB with biology and chemistry. I don't suppose you didn't do Biology til A level?
Reply 15
Mireme~
My offer was AAB with biology and chemistry. I don't suppose you didn't do Biology til A level?
they did, judging by their signature.

I think the reason her offer doesnt have to include biology is that even if it doesn't, she'll still have 2 sciences included in the offer (counting maths as a science). If BL hadn't stipulated that my offer included biology and chemistry, I could have got in with my chemistry, psychology and german A2s (as I did 4 subjects).
Speedbird2008
What university of london- doubt that will be any more help to u
Fluffy
We are Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry. We've even dropped the "Queen Mary's" from our moniker!

I see, makes more sense now.

Merci for clearing that one up..

:smile:
Reply 18
That still doesn't make sense, since I do the same A levels as the OP ('cept swap psychology with economics :P)

Ah well, I guess we'll never know.

Well I guess there are 5 medical schools in London, but there are also circa 7 million people in population...and Scotland has about that many people, and guess what? It also has 5 medical schools!

So I suppose, confusing as it seems, the number of London schools and the ability to get them confused is totally justified :biggrin: (still doesnt mean I'd find myself in one...london scares me man)