Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

best college ? VI Form

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    In December time I dropped out of A2 due to housing reasons. I was no longer able to live with my Mum as I was kicked out of the house. I went to live and work in london for a while to earn enough money to resit my A2s and rent a flat. So basically I can afford to go to any state run school or college in the country. Which one do you know are good or worth avoiding etc. Thanks
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The whole country?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The BBC have the secondary league tables in their Education subsection, but it should be worth noting that many probably wouldn't consider you without (very) decent GCSEs since competition is high for the places they have. Having said that, you should check out the websites/ring the schools/colleges that take your fancy.. best of luck to you!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    hockerill anglo european college
    i went there, its in hertfordshire...bout half hour on the train from liverpool st. its a half boarding school...so you can board if you want. its also a normal state school so you wnt have to pay for tuition fees.

but its the best (state run) sixth form in the country according to the league tables. has been for a couple years now.

it does the ib, which is MUCH harder than the a levels...but its a gd school...like half of the sixth form went to oxbridge. (i went to nottingham and was considered a failure, haha)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingprawn)
    hockerill anglo european college
    i went there, its in hertfordshire...bout half hour on the train from liverpool st. its a half boarding school...so you can board if you want. its also a normal state school so you wnt have to pay for tuition fees.

but its the best (state run) sixth form in the country according to the league tables. has been for a couple years now.

it does the ib, which is MUCH harder than the a levels...but its a gd school...like half of the sixth form went to oxbridge. (i went to nottingham and was considered a failure, haha)
    An IB college probably isn't worth it - the OP already has ASes (presumably) and just needs to do the A2 year, rather than doing the two years of IB.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 6, 2008
New on TSR

So how did you do?

Come into the GCSE forum to share your grades

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.