The Student Room Group

best college ? VI Form

In December time I dropped out of A2 due to housing reasons. I was no longer able to live with my Mum as I was kicked out of the house. I went to live and work in london for a while to earn enough money to resit my A2s and rent a flat. So basically I can afford to go to any state run school or college in the country. Which one do you know are good or worth avoiding etc. Thanks
The whole country?
Reply 2
The BBC have the secondary league tables in their Education subsection, but it should be worth noting that many probably wouldn't consider you without (very) decent GCSEs since competition is high for the places they have. Having said that, you should check out the websites/ring the schools/colleges that take your fancy.. best of luck to you!
Reply 3
hockerill anglo european college
i went there, its in hertfordshire...bout half hour on the train from liverpool st. its a half boarding school...so you can board if you want. its also a normal state school so you wnt have to pay for tuition fees.

but its the best (state run) sixth form in the country according to the league tables. has been for a couple years now.

it does the ib, which is MUCH harder than the a levels...but its a gd school...like half of the sixth form went to oxbridge. (i went to nottingham and was considered a failure, haha)
Reply 4
kingprawn
hockerill anglo european college
i went there, its in hertfordshire...bout half hour on the train from liverpool st. its a half boarding school...so you can board if you want. its also a normal state school so you wnt have to pay for tuition fees.

but its the best (state run) sixth form in the country according to the league tables. has been for a couple years now.

it does the ib, which is MUCH harder than the a levels...but its a gd school...like half of the sixth form went to oxbridge. (i went to nottingham and was considered a failure, haha)

An IB college probably isn't worth it - the OP already has ASes (presumably) and just needs to do the A2 year, rather than doing the two years of IB.

Latest

Trending

Trending