The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Write the whole syllabus half way up my arm and prefect lookin at my arm without drawing attention to myself!

:ninja:
Reply 21
I like using arrows on my notes and try to make some revision notes that I can remember and see in the back of my mind during the exam. I think it's got something to do with being a visual learner. Therefore, in addition, spider diagrams etc all work for me.
However, the one that I know for certain about revision is that it's a right pain and sooo boring! *zz*
Look at book, make notes.

Psychology - make notes from the book, practice essays.
Economics- this is more about understanding, so jus read the book. (the small philip alan guides are perfect)
Biology - notes/past papers.
Reply 23
Write my notes in a form that is easier to understand and write it out over and over again until I remember.
Reply 24
past papers, do as many as ou can, while at the same time looking through your notes, i find it really helps me to remeber a lot better, than just taking notes then doing past papers.
Reply 25
Democracy
Cramming

all nighter + red bull = A grade :wink:

Did u actually do this for AS level and got three straight As? If so, you are a legend.
Quicky
Did u actually do this for AS level and got three straight As? If so, you are a legend.

I did for Philosophy and Ethics and I got an A in that. So I'm 1/3 legend?

I did get As, Bs and Cs in my other subjects, by working at them though, over about a month :p:

However my cramming policy is usually applied to mocks. Eg tomorrow I have a Unit 7 test and I still haven't revised. In all fairness, she only told us about it today.

Now where did I leave that red bull....:p:
Biology - Interesting to revise so I just tend to read different perspectives on each topic from 3 or 4 textbooks to cover all the points and my memory retains most of the information.

Chemistry - Stressful revision, I just try to read the same thing over and over until it sticks.

Maths - I do 1 or 2 past papers in the days leading up to the exam but other than that all revision is done in my lessons, where I get about 9 or 10 past papers done normally.

ICT - Simply read through notes a few days before the exam, the course is mainly coursework based though so little revision.