The Student Room Group

IB English A1 HL

Scroll to see replies

Yeah it's quite common that although english is your secon language you take it as A1
A1 is 100% literature...if you can analyse texts you can do it..your language doesn't have to be great. :P
True.. english is not my first language either
Reply 43
English is my third language and I took A1 HL.
Today's exam we certainly have to discuss tomorrow, guys.

And remember: Don't discuss it yet. Big Brother is watching you.
sometimes i envy you europeans...your languages are so similar yet they're all really useful...you can learn multiple of them. The closest thing Thai resembles is laos and cambodian language - -...which is of no use in the wider world whatsoever. The concept of grammar is totally alien to us....
Reply 45
talespirit
sometimes i envy you europeans...your languages are so similar yet they're all really useful...you can learn multiple of them. The closest thing Thai resembles is laos and cambodian language - -...which is of no use in the wider world whatsoever. The concept of grammar is totally alien to us....

So I've witnessed (my father is Vietnamese and his grammar (or lack thereof) is hilarious). But don't envy us too much. The German language is a real pain in the ass. For those who didn't grow up with it, that is. I was lucky I was brought up with 3 languages. Plus French thanks to IB.
I wanna learn to speak and read japanese before i'm 30....(so far i only as much as hello, thankyou, goodbye, and 1-10)
Reply 47
What a coincidence, I'm going to study japanese and management! :biggrin:
have fun...i'm going to bed....good night everyone...good luck in history...
Ahh Japanese! I used to take classes when I had time before (before IB!!), it's like my favourite language!
The only japanese i know, i leaned from watching anime :wink:
whateverhappens
Ahh Japanese! I used to take classes when I had time before (before IB!!), it's like my favourite language!

japanese seems to resemble some kind of fetish, i don't understand eeveryone wants to learn it.
Reply 52
andy_cole2
japanese seems to resemble some kind of fetish, i don't understand eeveryone wants to learn it.

Well, I know why guys (including me) want to learn it. :wink:

Seriously though, the Japanese economy is booming. Tons of business there, as well as Investment Banks, and so with increasing globalization, I'd quite like to be a foreigner in Japan, so for any chances of that happening, I'd have to learn Japanese.
cabso1
Well, I know why guys (including me) want to learn it. :wink:

Seriously though, the Japanese economy is booming. Tons of business there, as well as Investment Banks, and so with increasing globalization, I'd quite like to be a foreigner in Japan, so for any chances of that happening, I'd have to learn Japanese.

:ditto:

Aside from that, manga, anime, and games are my reasons.
Are we allowed to discuss the paper 1 yet?
Reply 55
deathlyhallow
Are we allowed to discuss the paper 1 yet?
In 6 hours I think
Reply 56
trm90
In 6 hours I think

in 30 mins :wink:

According to the IBO website, morning exams must finish by 1pm and afternoon exams must finish by 6pm local time. Please do not discuss exams until 1pm/6pm (GMT) the day after the exam.

since A1 was a morning paper, you can discuss it after 1pm =]
Reply 57
Ohhh okay. Cool.

edit: *Twiddles thumbs :flute:*
Reply 58
HELP SOMEONE :smile:

i need ideas for my WL 1
im doing a comparative essay between like water for chocolate and chronicles of a death foretold?
any ideas for a specific title? and ideas to write about? thankss
Reply 59
LOL chronical of a death foretold i remember reading that book last year and it made absolutely no sense the first time i read it... the guy alternate from being dead to not dead then back again. sorry not a constructive post but i just had to laugh about that book.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending