The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Well done.
Reply 2
Congratulations, but don't slack off yet. :biggrin:
Don't be stupid. You could have got lucky on the topics.. keep doing more past papers then decide how much revision you want to do.
Reply 4
Well Done, I'm gonna do some past papers, I'd like to get a C.
Try the November papers, they're apparently harder. Try and do the earlier ones too, like 2003 and 2004. The November 2007 was quite easy.

+ well done :smile:
Reply 6
RuthieStar
Well Done, I'm gonna do some past papers, I'd like to get a C.

Thats the spirit, aim for the stars:p:
I did one before, just scraped an A. Haha. I'm not fussed!
Reply 8
=]
I think it was the 2003 or 2002 papers? I'm not sure but I remember reading somewhere that one year the boundary for an A* was like 40 on both papers. Not too sure though.
Reply 10
What exactly is the purpose of this thread?
Pulkpull
What exactly is the purpose of this thread?

I don't know either. To show off? God knows.
Reply 12
Fuzzywuzz
Well seeing as ive got like 98%-100% in all teh pp Ive done, I would say I am pretty safe, lol.

On a side note, did anyone hear of that edexcel Maths that was too hard, so an examiner was fired or something? Does anyone know anymore about this?

I didn't hear that... where did you hear that?
Fuzzywuzz
Well seeing as ive got like 98%-100% in all teh pp Ive done, I would say I am pretty safe, lol.

On a side note, did anyone hear of that edexcel Maths that was too hard, so an examiner was fired or something? Does anyone know anymore about this?

What was the point of the thread if you've already made your mind up?
KnightRider
What was the point of the thread if you've already made your mind up?

Exactly what I was thinking.
Reply 15
Congrats on the 100% but don't just stop revising, you know. It's possible to get a really bad mark in the actual exam,.

Just because you've got 100%, it doesn't mean you are done! :p:
Many of my friend and I have achieved many 100%s before but we all kept refreshing our minds with calculations from time to time, because we know we still have a long way to go too!
Reply 16
RyanT
Thats the spirit, aim for the stars:p:

lol. I wish i could get A*'s but i'm not that good at math.
RuthieStar
lol. I wish i could get A*'s but i'm not that good at math.

You can get there :smile: You've still got enough time to improve. Do you find your just generally finding it difficult, or are there a few specific topics that you have trouble with?

There are plenty of past papers available no matter what board your on, so if you keep at them, then try and understand where you went wrong, if you can't, then post about it here and I and I'm sure others will be more than happy to help!
Reply 18
Oh wow that's the exam I did last year! Is that full marks for both papers or just the one? Which one was it? I remember on the calculator paper I was really proud to get the last question because I never get the last question :smile: But this last question was easy anyway, part one was like "what is the volume of this cone". How tricky (especially as they told you the formula :wink:).
Reply 19
Thank you for telling us this.

Latest