The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

at 16 i would honestly say dont worry about your weight no matter what your size! (your at a totally normal weight neways) but as long as you're happy in your own skin and have a fairly healthy lifestyle i'de say live life to the full! you only live once *and teenagehood goes fast i tell you!* so enjoy it and quit worrying about your weight..you have your whole life for that! :smile:
Reply 21
OnlyMe!
Since you don't know what her body looks like (all you know is details of her BMI results - which is a crap indicator - and her dress size), you cannot really tell whether she has an "ok body" or a "really sexy one", or whatever else...

Well she asked for an opinion based on nothing but her weight/BMI so what else should I use? In my personal opinion, size 12 can be healthy but it can rarely be anything special.
you sound fine, maybe you could lose half a stone if you wanted to trim down a bit if your build is small/medium? but really, you're fine and healthy sounding from your info
Reply 23
Adhsur
Well she asked for an opinion based on nothing but her weight/BMI so what else should I use? In my personal opinion, size 12 can be healthy but it can rarely be anything special.

She wasn't asking for opinions on whether her body was anything special or not though - just whether she needs to lose weight. Your answer didn't address that but posted an opinion that the OP didn't ask for...
Reply 24
Adhsur

Weeeell, that's a bit vague really. Also, very much a matter of personal preference. I prefer sizes 10/12/14 on women, and think their bodies look immense with curves in the right places. But a "curvy" slim girl just makes me think "angular" and boyish not... special.
If your BMI is good then you're fine, don't worry. If you feel a little unfit then you may want to do some light exercise, but other than that i wouldn't stress :smile:
Reply 26
oh please turn this into another 'whats a perfect size, oh i like size 10 and anything over is obese' thread.
OnlyMe!
She wasn't asking for opinions on whether her body was anything special or not though - just whether she needs to lose weight. Your answer didn't address that but posted an opinion that the OP didn't ask for...

Aria Gato
if she wanted opinions on her body then she would have asked in the first place... don't start that crap.

Well said.
you dont need to per se, but you'd certainly look better and be healthier if you did.
Reply 29
how do you know she would look better? and i really dont think she would be that much healthier anyway as 10.5 is not a lot for someone of that height. as long as she gets excersise and eats right then she is fine.
Reply 30
Aria Gato
These threads are just getting ridiculous now.

"you'd look better and be healthier if you did"
"depends if you want an OK body or a really sexy body"

have you seen pictures of her no-one else has? oh, and I believe she was asking about her weight, not her body.
it's a bit bizarre to ask a forum of total strangers such a question in the first place, but come the hell on...

perhaps there should be one huge "do I need to lose weight?" thread and everyone can argue in that.

lol thats the point i was trying to make

but i like the idea of the do i need to lose weight thread, would certainly make for interesting reading!! lol :p:
Reply 31
The last time I did judo I was 16, and fighting in the -73Kg catergory. Which means at your age I was a similar weight.

At that time I certainly thought I was heavy for my build. Most of the people in my catergory were bigger than me. So, that leads me to believe it's a little on the heavy side for a girl!

But to be honest, I don't know how that measures against your height and BMI. So don't take me too seriously. But I do think it's a little too heavy.
Reply 32
Aria Gato
if she wanted opinions on her body then she would have asked in the first place... don't start that crap.

Isn't that the what the question "do I need to lose weight?" going to mean though? :rolleyes: Last time I checked, weight does relate to body.
Adhsur
Isn't that the what the question "do I need to lose weight?" going to mean though? :rolleyes: Last time I checked, weight does relate to body.

Yes of course it does but the OP wasn't asking what you thought of her body, she was asking if she needed to lose weight for health reasons, which she doesn't.
Reply 34
Adhsur

yea but i think she was asking based on the numbers she gave us, not on what she looks like otherwise she would have posted a pic as well. asking if she wants a sexy body or a normal body in order to determine whether or not she should loose weight was completely beyond the point. :p:
Reply 35
jellybaby1
According to the bbc bmi calculator your bmi is 23.53, which is in the healthy range, so I really wouldn't worry :smile: Size 12 is absolutely fine!

Yeah, well 20-21 ideally, but 23 is within range and isn't overweight. So that answers your (ops) question.
Reply 36
Aria Gato
but she didn't ask "if I lose weight, will I be more attractive?"

Yeah but normally you have to factor that in when someone asks you if they should lose weight. Nevermind!
Reply 37
Baisodrome
Weeeell, that's a bit vague really. Also, very much a matter of personal preference. I prefer sizes 10/12/14 on women, and think their bodies look immense with curves in the right places. But a "curvy" slim girl just makes me think "angular" and boyish not... special.

good for you.
tsr has a really bizarre preoccupation with dress sizes, bmi's and the word curvy. Seriously no one i know in the real world spouts off half the crap that gets mentioned here.

wish it would stop
Reply 39
9mm
good for you.

It's a valid response to somebody suggesting size 12 bodies couldn't be really sexy, it's personal preference :s-smilie:

And my opinion, as we know, differs wildly from yours. That's life kiddo, let it go.

Latest

Trending

Trending