The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
In our school the gcse's have been modified to introduce us to IB. If its really possible I would love to drop :the 3 sciences, maths, and eng lan!
jason
Reply 61
My longest was Statistics for 2.5 hours, and I think I would have dropped RE if we'd been allowed. Biggest waste of 2/3 hours a fortnight ever. :p:
Reply 62
This girl in my class has 6 (6!!!!) exams in the same day, so she can't leave the exam room and will have to take them 1 after the other with 5 minute breaks. The exams include English, Geography, Physics, Maths and some others. All long exams...
My schools a "Technology College" which means you have to take a technology subject
I take Graphic Products and i'd definately drop that
its pointless and 60% coursework
Reply 64
Im dreading Art! 10 hours of it!
Tomorrow! Well 5 tomorrow lol
I dont know what im gonna doo.... I cant sit still for that long!!!
Last time I kept getting up to refill the water pot every 5minutes just so I could walk around a bit!
Reply 65
Ok Lol so Art seems to be longest
Whats your longest theory based subject
Reply 66
English Lit...I regret the day I decided to take it at GCSE.
Reply 68
10 hours of art, about 2 hours for both English language and literature, 2 hours for geography and another 2 for business x__x *brain-plode*

Love to drop business studies - it's utterly useless... @__@
Logest Exam: RS Religion & Christianity - >2 hours. :frown:
Subject I Would Drop: French, as it was compulsory and it would have to be the dullest subject I have ever sat in. Also, my teacher expects too much of me. :mad:
Reply 70
Longest: Eng. Lit- 2 hours 15 minutes
If I could, I'd swap IT with a more useful subject like Geography. It was compulsory and had way too much coursework considdering it was only short course anyway.
Reply 71
Conor012
Turns out I have 9 exams in 4 days.. Fun :smile:

Same. I have 4 exams in one day, and 15 exams in 10 days, and 9 exams in 4 days (lol, putting all the different possible combos).

Then I have a 3 week break until........ *drum roll*..... French!!!! So it'll be pretty chilled for me after the 23rd...
Longest Exam = English Literature and Statistics (2h30mins)
If I could drop any subject it would be MUSIC, soo hard :frown:
does anyone take igcse accounts?!!!!!!!!!1
Reply 74
If I only needed to take 5 subjects, they would be:

Maths
Further Maths
Physics
Chemistry
Biology

Screw the rest (jk), but I'd probably just take those....

Unfortunately my school doesn't offer further maths :frown:
Reply 75
CocoPop
If I only needed to take 5 subjects, they would be:

Maths
Further Maths
Physics
Chemistry
Biology

Screw the rest (jk), but I'd probably just take those....

Unfortunately my school doesn't offer further maths :frown:

Lol sorry very slow today do you take more than 5 a levels?
Reply 76
^ Lol xD

Sorry if I confused you! What I meant was if I only had to take 5 GCSEs, those are the ones I would take. I probably wouldn't take more than 5 A levels. That would be a little OTT. But I'm taking IB next year, so I have to choose 6 subjects :/
Reply 77
^Oh I understand lol 5 mins later..
Our art exams were spread across 7 rooms with 3 teachers, so they basically just told us to keep talking to a minimum. It wasn't like we started working on each other's work or anything though ...

I love Art though so it was actually quite enjoyable, and we got a break inbetween the two days (it was a Friday and a Monday) and also when we went off for our language orals.

We all handed in our coursework and exam backup work yesterday and I feel sort of bereft.
Reply 79
Mmm, longest exam was statistics in year 10, that was 2hr 45 minutes ish?
but this year, R.E, Maths, P.e and English are all 2 hrs

and i would probably drop Spanish, no bien

;]

Adios xx

Latest