The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

HISTORY!!!

We have a teacher who spent a year on one section of our GCSE (Russia 1905-1924) and is now trying to rush through all the other sections of our course (Russia 1924-1991, USA: A Divided Nation, and Nazi Germany). She made us do two pieces of coursework in a week with no prior knowledge (apart from 2 lessons) of the subject matter (Britain in the Blitz and Women's Rights) and she still has to teach us the majority of the USA topic, despite there only being 3 weeks left of term.

She is leaving at the end of this year, so luckily she won't be able to inflict her bad teaching on any more unsuspecting pupils!

Reply 21
and lord of the flies.STINKS. of fish :mad::mad::mad:
Ahh.. man ! :mad:
i mean i hate english the way it is and it doesnt help when they make us read the most gay-est books ever :mad:
cant express ma hatred towards english enuf. rofl
its so frustrating it is. :mad:
I ended up hating maths and science so much I used to throw the text books round my room with rage at having to do the work. Went on to take maths at A -level though and now absolutely love it :biggrin:
Reply 23

hate shakespeare tooooooooo :mad:
what was he thinking leavin all that wrk behind for us. :'(
like what didnt we ever do to him ?:mad:
Reply 24
^i just said i hate EVERYTHING related to the subject ENglish yeah ! >_>
so that includes anthologies and shakespeare and yeh
Reply 25
Choosing Economics for GCSE is one of my main regrets in life. It really was just 2 years of hell. I found it so boring and we had to do topic tests every week. If we didn't get over 80% (which i rarely did) we had to stay in at lunch for a re-test. Eurgh....

Was quite surprised when I got a B, especially seeing as I was predicted a D :P
I'm with the OP - I hate everything to do with English too, especially Literature! When I was younger I was really good at English, then when we started studying poetry and Shakespeare my progress stalled, and in my mock GCSEs I got a C in language and a D in literature, despite being in the top set.

I have major problems with writing long enough essays in exams, which was why my grades were so low for someone in the top set. I find it impossible to think of 2 sides worth of stuff to write about. Also, my teacher said I'd made a good start, but that one of the assessment criteria is "sustained response" or something, so we seem to get marked on quantity not quality, which I think is stupid!

I'm good at maths and science because I can cope more easily with questions where there's always a right or wrong answer, whereas with English I often don't know what I'm supposed to be getting at.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: - lol

Rant over! :biggrin:
I really loved English Lang and English Lit. But I hated Art. Hated it. That bloody coursework made me go nuts!
English. I despise. I'm with the OP. Can't wait to burn my poem book. I haven't even read Lord Of The Flies, and I don't plan to. I just want to get it out of the way.
I hate Maths & Physics.
The subjects I have a real passion for are most probably: English Literature and Spanish; I absolutely love them!
Reply 30
piece-of-me
ok so is there any GCSE subject that u really truly can not STAND!!?? that you really really hate???
i mean ok i hate maths and german etc, but they aint all that bad , i can stand them but when it comes to ENGLISH! i just can not stand it
an hour of an ENGLISH lesson literally makes me SUICIDAL, i hate it that much. ok i am exaggerating here a bit but whatever. i really do hate it
i just can not wait to drop it next year.
and its the spring break now, i have been revising for english 5 hours straight :| ..
if i dont get A in english i will seriously CRY :'( :frown:

so yeah what subject you really hate and can not wait to drop ???

I feel for you soo much. I cant stand english and I dont understand why so many of my peers have decided to take it!
Reply 31
I ADORE FRENCH!
but the lesson i absolutly CANNOT stand. it makes me depressed, i do try but my new teacher bugs me SO that dont help.
i dispised english in KS3-but then KS4 was a whole new level!
i hate geography-the human side cos i find it v.boring and also i hate french becos i cant do it :frown:
English lessons irritate me but I don't mind the exams.

Dislike science though, probably going to be my worst grade.
Media studies. Sooooo pointless and I got tricked into doing it Regret taking it so much. It's such a good thing that I get the exam paper three weeks before I sit it. And the CW is so long and pointless also :angry::frown::angry:

Latest