The Student Room Group

Important Applying for a remark...

My college got our Law papers back as they believed there had been an error in the marking. They were going to examine our scripts and see if we did need to send them off for remarking or not; however it is the holidays at the moment, and we have a week and a half left, so we won't find out whether we need to send off for a remark or not until then. This was fine for me, until I heard on this forum that the deadline for remarks in THIS FRIDAY!! Can anyone confirm this for me? Or tell me what to do if that is the case?

Thanks!!
Deadline is actually Monday 14th.

I'm in the process of remark myself (Crit. Think.) and have just emailed my Exams Officer asking to go ahead with the remark (I got the script only a couple of days ago).

Good luck with your remark.
Reply 2
Forget the remark. You did bad in the exam, get over it.
Reply 3
We were told for our OCR Criminal Law Special Studies paper that the marks were moved down because of the paper being an 'easy' paper and to go in line with the national average.
Reply 4
nofo

Ermm ok if you saw my script you wouldn't be saying that; I have actually got a copy of it so I can physically see that it hasn't been marked correctly (taking into account my obviously subjective viewpoint), and I have never had a remark before, nor do I agree with people getting remarks because they were X marks away from a certain grade. My issue is that my paper has not actually been marked correctly!! But I really don't care whether you think I should get a remark or not, my question was regarding whether it is too late to apply, and it has absolutely nothing to do with you whether I get a remark or not, thank you.
Reply 5
don't get pissed by him that easily because he's just so *smart* :biggrin:
i suggest you to check with the exam boards
clefeen206
We were told for our OCR Criminal Law Special Studies paper that the marks were moved down because of the paper being an 'easy' paper and to go in line with the national average.

if thats on the new syllabus then yeah it was easy!!! Every question was straight forward.........

i managed an A, that is special considering i did about half an hours revision...
pcok
Ermm ok if you saw my script you wouldn't be saying that; I have actually got a copy of it so I can physically see that it hasn't been marked correctly (taking into account my obviously subjective viewpoint), and I have never had a remark before, nor do I agree with people getting remarks because they were X marks away from a certain grade. My issue is that my paper has not actually been marked correctly!! But I really don't care whether you think I should get a remark or not, my question was regarding whether it is too late to apply, and it has absolutely nothing to do with you whether I get a remark or not, thank you.

i got my psychology paper back and i put exactly the same answer well a answer for the sam credit as someone else completely worth the marks, he got the marks i didnt we checked the mark scheme and it was a mistake and there were small errors all the way through my paper

so it is possible for errors on papers!
Reply 8
tom_tom_tom
i got my psychology paper back and i put exactly the same answer well a answer for the sam credit as someone else completely worth the marks, he got the marks i didnt we checked the mark scheme and it was a mistake and there were small errors all the way through my paper

so it is possible for errors on papers!

Thank you! That's the point; there are also errors in the adding up of my final score, losing me 3 marks there too. Whilst I know that 3 marks isn't that much, it is more once converted into UMS, and there are also other errors throughout the paper, for example in one place he has written that my answer is "sound" for all three componants...the mark scheme is: 25 marks for 2 sound; 1 clear, 24 marks for 1 sound, 2 clear; etc, and yet he has only awarded me 20 marks?! :confused:

Also I think, on a whole, the paper was marked very harshly and I don't think that my answers themselves were given proper credit, and taking this and the errors into consideration, I have lost a lot of marks through no fault of my own so I see no problem in getting a remark.

As I said, I do usually object to remarks, but this is as they are usually because people with enough money to just send off for remarks whenever they want do so because they are a few marks away from the next grade, and under this circumstance I think getting a remark is unfair and is little more than cheating.
Reply 9
nofo

well aren't you helpful. Get a ****ing life

OP: I suggest you contact the exam board for information on deadlines. It's not the holidays for them :biggrin:
Reply 10
Thanks for the replies everyone (well most people!).

Right, I have spoken to AQA: the deadline is Monday, as Michaelyus said, thanks. My college are letting me fax my consent form to them and I am paying over the phone today (my college is about an hour away so it's easier than going in), and they are going to sort it all out for me. :smile:
I have had EXACTLY the same probs with my AQA Law paper! Mine was module 4 and when we got it back my teachers felt the same that the examiner had not stuck to the mark scheme! Mine has been sent back so I'm now on a knife edge!

Just remember that only 3 -4 raw marks can mean a whole grade! Hope you get the result you deserve!

Latest