The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Audrey Hepburn
Plus you've been spending way too much time badger culling and macheteing fat kids to do any school work...

:biggrin:

Its a full time job u know... hard to fit the studies around it!

that and drinkin apple sourz its hardwork but someone gotta do it eh?

the team for the prevention of fat kiddies has to do its job

:biggrin:
Reply 21
ive been revising quite alot actually...im proud of myself
ive revised unit1 and 3 of biology and i am almost there with unit 2
i still dont think i have enough tym..im freaking out
i will do past papers after the easter break..lyk 2 or 3 papers every evening
Reply 22
ive just started this week properly, did a bit here and there before. ive been doing 4/5 hours a day seeing as its the holidays and im not doing much else cos everyones away on holiday!! once im back at school i'll try and do 3 hours when i get home and do somein my frees although that rarely happens!
no chance

not until 2 days before the exams...
Anyone doing Applied ICT Unit 3 and 7 this June 2008?
Reply 25
This thread is depressing. An hour a day is plenty for me :redface:.
Reply 26
I have done very little revision, just been set a piece of coursework, so I want to get that done first :frown:
Reply 27
Oribu
I have done very little revision, just been set a piece of coursework, so I want to get that done first :frown:

i find it annoying how coursework is set before/around easter, i think it's too late in the year...

i haven't started revising yet, but i feel inspired to re-read my novel for my exam now :biggrin:

finding it hard to fit it in with the homework i'm being given as well?! anyone else the same??
badger stripes
Im doing my AS Levels at the moment, i was wondering how many people have started their revision and if so ... how much have you done

Subjects: English Lang n Lit, Psychology, Biology, Chemsitry

any feedback wud giv me a good idea of whether i am BEHIND(please god no) or not cheers :smile: :redface:

Chemistry (from experience) and Biology and Psychology (I presume) are quite easy to revise, you've just got to get a good book and revise from each page (spending time on the ones you don't know and skimming the rest) probably making nice coloured notes... And then as many exam papers as you can get your hands on.
For English Lit (I'm not sure how Lang n Lit is different) just read all your texts again, go over your handouts, make fresh annotations, go over the words you don't know and do an essay sprint (20 minutes on an exam question doing a plan then the intro, first couple of paras and a conclusion. it helps)

I just read your post again and realised that's not what you asked but I'd say you should be doing 4 hours a day in the hols and 1 hour a day in term time.

I've been doing maybe...2 hours a week for the last...2 weeks. Haha.
Reply 29
I only revised for two hours at the very max duing my A2 year! That said I started very late (early May I believe) but I practically learned everything as the academic year progressed and thus saved me lot of stress! A good technique to use for those who aren't very good at revising with a short space of time to the exams!
Reply 30
I haven't even thought about starting yet, we have like 7 weeks, that's LOADS of time!
Whats the best way to revise A-level history?

(Modern European History- French Rev, Russian Rev, Italian unification, German unification & Road to ww1 and International History - Cold War, The UN, Sino-Soviet relations etc.)
angie:nofrills
I haven't even thought about starting yet, we have like 7 weeks, that's LOADS of time!

yeah i thought 7 weeks was a lot of time..then compared it to how quickly this academic year has gone and 7 weeks seems like 7 seconds!
Reply 33
I just did 45 mins of mechanics :wink:
i dont even remember what revision is :p:
I'm attempting to do 2 x 2 hour sessions a day. I have 4 areas to cover so rotate them round a bit. Sometimes I do more, sometimes less but I feel a lot happier and upbeat about the coming exams knowing if I fail it won't be for the lack of trying on my part.
biology topic test tomorrow :frown: just on DNA and Protein synthesis, got 5 more pages of my pack to do and then sum exam questions, but FRICK!!! House is on tonight and i cant not watch it lol ............................................................

i hate everyone whos started to revise properly :frown: - damn you all for trying to pass your exams.
Reply 37

I'm trying to relearn AS modules for resits, and then revise them over study-leave. This is my last chance to get things right, which is my motivation!
Reply 38
Attempting to do 2+ hours every day and then weekends push myself to the limit, okay not a good thing to do all the time but makes me feel good with myself knowin tht im revising. Have made all me notes thus its past paper time :wink:
Reply 39
Whats the best way to revise A-level history?

Ah A level history, brings back many memories. My advice is to keep practing on past papers (fortunately the prsent system has been in place for 5+ years) because not only is essay writing skill and source reading/evaluation actually the most important but because you will learn/revise information which had already been taught. Also DON'T always learn your syllabus too much in depth because (try to revise the general chronology of the history topic) the real skill is picking small and relevant information from the huge quantities of information you would have learned throughout the year and applying it in one or two large question. (well this is most certainly the case for at least one module). Also when revising I guess read through the content and try to filter them into factors (political, economical, social etc) and this will not only make the revising process easier but will aid you in the writing process.

But if your paper has one of those: one question, long essay writing time and no sources then yeah revise in depth here and apply the essay practice and filtering of factor in.

Latest