The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I just put them as my insurance yesterday.
I couldn't put them as my firm, lol, their offer was wayyyyy too low.
But I'd be really happy to end up here if I miss my grades ^^
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 21
Anatheme
I just put them as my insurance yesterday.
I couldn't put them as my firm, lol, their offer was wayyyyy too low.
But I'd be really happy to end up here if I miss my grades ^^

Lol, what was their offer? BBC or something?
Reply 22
In A-Levels it can be something between BBB and BCC (more likely to be the latter imo). I got 11/20 at the French Bac (you need 10/20 to get the Bac, so I let you imagine how hard I have to work to achieve that, lolol). Plus I have to get C or above at my Certificate in Advanced English.
I've officially firmed Exeter today - though I've known for a month that I was going to firm it, and as it's an unconditional I'll see you all in 5 months. :smile:
Reply 24
I just firmed and insured Exeter after visiting Warwick today and hating it.

Such a concrete jungle compared to Exeter, and they don't sell themselves at all - they think their reputation does everything for them, wouldn't even give me a tour. Had to walk around in the rain with a map lol.
Reply 25
^^ Haha really?! I thought giving tours was the main point of open days lol !! Hopefully see you at Exeter in September :smile:
eDDeboo

Such a concrete jungle compared to Exeter, and they don't sell themselves at all - they think their reputation does everything for them, wouldn't even give me a tour. Had to walk around in the rain with a map lol.

Oof I know. One of the most attractive features of a university is if they really try to persuade you to go to their university. St. Andrews and Newcastle for me seemed so blase about the whole thing; they didn't even invite me to an open day! Whereas I'm always getting things through the post from Southampton, even before I firmed them!

It's nice to be counted. :biggrin:
Reply 27
Well. I took a gap year, and I got unconditional offer from Exeter. (economics BA) :smile:
Hope to see you in Exeter. :smile:
Reply 28
eDDeboo

It's a shame to hear that. From what I heard off a friend, her law open day was full of everyone selling themselves shamelessly, plus tours/presentations.
Reply 29
I've firmed Exeter!! Just need to get the grades now...!
Reply 30
Firmed on unconditional offer, Excited just doesn't cover it!

CAN'T WAIT FOR FRESHERS!
Reply 31
I firmed Exeter on Friday for French and German :smile:
Reply 32
papillon22

Yay. :smile: I'll most likely be seeing you around then! :smile:
Reply 33
papillon22

It's all about German!
Reply 34
Kengurnu
It's all about German!

Ab initio Spanish for me too. :biggrin:
Reply 35
city_chic
Ab initio Spanish for me too. :biggrin:

Ur doing German and AI Spanish?

if so ur the first person i've found doin the same course as me!

How exciting.
Reply 36
Kengurnu
Ur doing German and AI Spanish?

if so ur the first person i've found doin the same course as me!

How exciting.

Lol, nope. :p: French and ab initio Spanish for me. :biggrin: Half the same though, haha.
Reply 37
:banghead:
city_chic
Lol, nope. :p: French and ab initio Spanish for me. :biggrin: Half the same though, haha.

Blast!:banghead:

I think I'm the only one in the University doing it!
Reply 38
Maybe you can all persuade me....I'm still deciding between St Andys and Exeter (I applied late to Exeter for French and ab initio Spanish so have a bit longer to choose). Hellllpppp! :eek:
Reply 39
Laurz
Maybe you can all persuade me....I'm still deciding between St Andys and Exeter (I applied late to Exeter for French and ab initio Spanish so have a bit longer to choose). Hellllpppp! :eek:

Exeter! It's a great uni with a really good rep, the campus is beautiful, the languages building (Queens) has recently been refurbished, the city is really nice, safe and friendly. need i go on? Oh and i'll be there, which has to be a bonus :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending