The Student Room Group
University of York
York

York General Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
laser
MaxB: You're being daft. Having the University tell you you have a place and then not believing them is crazy. It's like not believing your A-level results because they might have made a mistake.

And you may have missed your offer and still got in (I did).

As has been said it's an automated system. That is, it's linked to the admissions system, and the results sent from UCAS.

Explain how it's daft. There's nothing in the email which is a statement that I have been accepted. It's merely an email telling me about the computer login information. The university hasn't told me I have a place. My point is that the mistake may have been in the automation system sending this out to everyone or people who haven't been accepted by accident.

Balth
Well I found this on facebook:

"i phoned them and they said its an automated email sent out at this time of year to everyone, so maybe people that havnt got them yet will get them later today?
im gonna try and forget about it because if i havnt got my grades then im gonna be even more gutted, and im stressing about results anyway"
University of York
York
I would point out...this didn't happen last year. So my vote is probably for a mess up their end with the automated email system sending out this stuff early.

But that doesn't stop me being ever so slightly nervous :tongue:
well if this had come on results morning I would think it would mean I was accepted, even if I didnt have my results/track hadn't been updated, but because it came 2 days before results I don't want to get my hopes up
Reply 223
Cubasaur: From what I gather on here, these e-mails were sent on Tuesday. Which is the day after results (UCAS notify Universities of results on Monday). York have been sending out welcome packs before results day for years, mine arrived on results morning before I got my results, which means York must have sent the pack on at least Wednesday.

Just because you don't have your results doesn't mean the University doesn't.

MaxB: Have you tried logging onto evision with your details? If you can get on Evision you've been admitted.
laser
MaxB: Have you tried logging onto evision with your details? If you can get on Evision you've been admitted.

You can get through the first bit, setting your security questions and all that, but when you log into evision it says that evision has been suspended for all new students until tomorrow at 10am
Reply 225
York's published their clearing places, which means they know how many people have got in for each course, and therefore how many places to offer via clearing
Oh, thank you for clarifying Laser, it makes sense now :biggrin:
Reply 227
I'm in the same position as MaxB, I have this e-mail but i won't believe i've been admitted until I know for 100% and have seen my grades.

Now i'm ultra nervous, as seeing this e-mail has got my hopes up :frown:
Well...we'll know in 12 and a half hours I guess...

That doesn't really help...
Reply 229
I just wish they would make it clear. If I haven't been admitted i think it's a bit cruel to have got that e-mail, as it makes it seem like I have.
Reply 230
"Congratulations! Your place at The University of York (Y50) to study Computer Science/Mathematics (Equal) (4-year sandwich) (GGK1) has been confirmed." :biggrin::biggrin:
Congrats :biggrin:

and..Congratulations! Your place at The University of York (Y50) to study Economics (L100) has been confirmed.
Reply 232
Cubasaur
Congrats :biggrin:

and..Congratulations! Your place at The University of York (Y50) to study Economics (L100) has been confirmed.

Congratulations to you too, my message is the same but with "Philosophy, Politics and Economics (L0V0)" replacing "Economics (L100)" :biggrin:
I got in!! This is really happening...
_Mazza_
Congratulations to you too, my message is the same but with "Philosophy, Politics and Economics (L0V0)" replacing "Economics (L100)" :biggrin:

haha our signatures are almost identical..
Reply 235
Congratulations! Your place at The University of York (Y50) to study History/Economics (V1L1) has been confirmed. :biggrin:
Congratulations! Your place at The University of York (Y50) to study Economics (L100) has been confirmed.

Hooray!!
Reply 237
I'm a bit game into the game, but hey everyone. I got in too!

Congratulations! Your place at The University of York (Y50) to study Philosophy (V500) has been confirmed.

First name: Michael

Course: Philosophy Single Honors (v500)

Favourite music: Genres: Instrumental, indie, punk, classical, jazz, alternative etc...

Favourite film: Network (1976)

Favourite drink: coke cola

Favourite food: Nothing too interesting - curry, italian, cheese (if there is cheese I'll be there)

Favourite book: Don't think I can say what my favourite book is. These days I read mostly non-fiction, but still read fiction from time to time. I've recently read some Mark Twain, Chomsky, Robert Jordan, and Nietzsche.

Age: 19 (changed most of my a-level courses in my second year, thus making me a third year a-level student)

School you went to - state, private or boarding: State, private, and some home schooling in both the US and UK.

York-specific questions:

Why do you love/hate ducks?

Ducks are good in moderation, but too many and all you get is faeces.

Why do you wear women's underwear?

I don't... what type of question is that?
Reply 238
Congratulations! Your place at The University of York (Y50) to study Economics and Finance (L112) has been confirmed.
Reply 239
Congrats all!

Congratulations! Your place at The University of York (Y50) to study Accounting, Business Finance and Management (NN42) has been confirmed.

Yay!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending