York

York General Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

More people should post on this thread. :p:
University of York
York
Reply 21
Laus
Well, we will make sure this one doesn't die. Perhaps a mod could sticky it?

I sent the request, hope mod will sticky it soon.
Reply 22
bosejiu
I sent the request, hope mod will sticky it soon.

Nice one.

:ta:
Reply 23
First name: Lucy

Course: Politics
Fave music: Eclectic. EBM, Classical, Jazz, Techno, Soundscapes, OST's

Fave film: Leon

Fave drink: Tea

Fave food: chocolate

Fave book: too many! <3

School you went to - State

York-specific questions

Why do you love/hate ducks? Ducks are really tasty

Why do you wear women's underwear?
... I don't :wink:

Would you like to join any societies?
... Sure.
I don't eat ducks. Poor ducks. :frown:
Reply 25
Don't eat ducks!
Reply 26
Is anyone else in here worried about going to university?
I am. I am very worried in fact. Very very worried, to the point of paranoia. (nearly)
Nope :p:

Only a week left until us current students go back :s-smilie:
slugonamission

Only a week left until us current students go back :s-smilie:

Why the :s-smilie: smiley? Shouldn't you be looking forward to it? :p:
Heh, I am :p:. Just can't believe I've had all this time off and done bugger all :s-smilie:
Reply 31
toothwort white
I am. I am very worried in fact. Very very worried, to the point of paranoia. (nearly)

I'm worried too... for a whole host of reasons. I'm worried I will hide in my room, die and then be eaten by cats :puppyeyes:&#8230; and you will all be too busy having a good time to notice :sad:

Seriously, though, I'm bricking it :frown:.
slugonamission
Heh, I am :p:. Just can't believe I've had all this time off and done bugger all :s-smilie:

Oh, don't worry. That is just human nature, afterall. :wink:

Laus
I'm worried too... for a whole host of reasons. I'm worried I will hide in my room, die and then be eaten by cats :puppyeyes: and you will all be too busy having a good time to notice :sad:

Seriously, though, I'm bricking it :frown:.

I don't fear cats. However, I am really really worried that York will have an over-abundance of spiders which, incidentally, choose to reside in my room. That will be horrendous. :s-smilie:
I am also worried that I will become a social hermit and develop an unreasonable hatred towards all human beings, or all human beings will develop an unreasonable hatred towards me. :s-smilie:
Reply 33
I love cats! :smile: I don't know why I said that. We must bring swats to swipe the spiders.

I'm worried about becoming a social hermit too... if everyone hates us, we should make a pact to jump off the roof and make a grand exit. That will give the York forum something to talk about for a couple of years.

Only kidding, no one will hate you. :smile:

There is a pub for every day of the year so, if the students suck, we can always hide in a cosy pub with wine, candles and nice people.
Reply 34
Is anyone else in here worried about going to university?

I was when I was in my upper sixth, mainly about getting my grades.

However, results day panned out absolutely brilliantly. I have the dubious distinction of living on the street where the postman starts his route, so our mail arrives at about 8.30. Now school opened around 9.30 or so for results, so I was in the shower when the mail arrives. Mum shouts "Chris, Chris, there's a letter from York!" so I run downstairs in a towel and opened my confirmation letter. Was so damn happy.

Then I went to sixth form (later than everyone else, everyone else already had theirs but I was in no rush) and picked up my results. Turned out I missed my offer grade (got ABB, needed AAB) but it didn't matter because they still accepted me :P

If the post hadn't arrived before I left for sixth form, that day could have panned out so differently...

I'm worried I will hide in my room, die and then be eaten by cats &#8230; and you will all be too busy having a good time to notice

am also worried that I will become a social hermit and develop an unreasonable hatred towards all human beings, or all human beings will develop an unreasonable hatred towards me.

I believe a Freshers' Week TSR meeting in Vanbrugh bar is a requirement then, so at least you'll have some friends :P
I wasn't too worried I think, just about grades like laser. Ended up making my Mum check UCAS in the morning :biggrin:. Apart from that, I think it was just a "wait...this really is happening" a couple of days before moving.

Also, don't worry about not talking to people, you will be fine, just meet up with people on your corridor when you move in, and just generally start talking to people on freshers events. The downside is you remember loads of faces, and have loads of new numbers, but have no idea which number goes to which face...
Reply 36
Laus
We must bring swats to swipe the spiders.

There's no such a need :biggrin:
Reply 37
:rofl:
Reply 38
First name: Rav

Course: Economics&Finance

Fave music: Anything really.

Fave film(s): LOTR, Batman Begins

Fave drink: Orange juice

Fave food: Anything. Gotta be veg though.

Fave book: -

School: state

Why do you love / hate ducks?

Funny to watch.

Why do you wear women's underwear?

Love the feel.

Would you like to join any societies?

Badminton, Skiing, Karting, course related ones and some others.
Reply 39
First name: Tom.
Course: Economics & Finance.
Music: Ramones, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Bob Dylan, Clash, Jam, Rolling Stones, Smashing Pumpkins, Animals, CCR et.c. Rock n' roll, baby!
Film: A Clockwork Orange.
Drink: Any kind of stout.
Food: Meat, pasta and cheese. And grapes!
Book: Not much of a book guy, I must confess. But if I had to choose, I'd pick 1984.
School: State... sort of.
Reason for liking ducks: They sound funny.
Reason for wearing women's underwear: :hubba:
Societies/clubs I want to join: Karting, gliding, economics, finance, real ale and perhaps biking.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending