The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
As I said, look at my post on raw and UMS marks for a rough calculation guide.
Reply 41
Hi i need 48 UMS in PYA 5 for an A-grade overall can anyone tell me what raw mark that is in the exam please roughly, id appreiciate any constructive response thanks!
Reply 42
The_Goose
I have looked on the specification on the website but don't seem to be able to find the grade boundaries.

I am wanting to know what marks/ums you need on PYA5 to get each grade. Rep for anyone who finds out this info, becuase I've looked everywhere :frown:

Hi geek :rolleyes:

Erm you said ask you anything, so 2 years ago,.. you were looking for the psycholgoy grade boundries for AS level, any idea what they are now? I got a D 54 marks in my 1st module, they round it up from 72 and make the mark out of 100 somehoe. Any idea how many marks i need to aim for out of 72 on my next paper -stress/abnormality/social factors
Reply 43
EmilyBrown
Hi geek :rolleyes:

Erm you said ask you anything, so 2 years ago,.. you were looking for the psycholgoy grade boundries for AS level, any idea what they are now? I got a D 54 marks in my 1st module, they round it up from 72 and make the mark out of 100 somehoe. Any idea how many marks i need to aim for out of 72 on my next paper -stress/abnormality/social factors

54 ums out of 100 or 54 raw?

how many marks you need to aim for depends on what grade you want to get.

Need a bit more info but I'll try and help =)
Reply 44
The_Goose
54 ums out of 100 or 54 raw?

how many marks you need to aim for depends on what grade you want to get.

Need a bit more info but I'll try and help =)

Erm, i would like to aim for a C :smile: and i need 120 overall for the C. And i got 54 on the first one which is a D. But im not sure how they do it, something to do with a standard deviation :s-smilie:

Like the paper is out of 72, but my mark was 54 out of a 100. They take your mark and make it out of 100 somehow :/

Thanks in advance Emily :smile:
Reply 45
EmilyBrown
Erm, i would like to aim for a C :smile: and i need 120 overall for the C. And i got 54 on the first one which is a D. But im not sure how they do it, something to do with a standard deviation :s-smilie:

Like the paper is out of 72, but my mark was 54 out of a 100. They take your mark and make it out of 100 somehow :/

Thanks in advance Emily :smile:

The UMS thing is a bit weird - the boundaries change every year - so it's impossible to determine exactly how many raw marks you'll need.

The way i understand it, and how it was explained to me is that if the paper is out of raw 72 and everyone scores under 10 there would still be A, B, C, D etc but if every scored over 60 some poeple would still get and E because that's how the scaled mark things works

Generally speaking its similar every year so if you could find the boundaries for any previous year then it's likely they will be very similar

to be honest though - trying to work out what you need to get the grade you want isn't the best attitude to have - you should just aim for the best you can get and then find out on results day

I did this with psych - worked out to get an A overall i only needed an E in PYA5 - and while it was reasonably reassuring I got some ridiculous low mark when really if i'd just kept going i could have done better.

It's up to you what you want to do - but if i was you I'd just try and learn the stuff to the best of my ability and not worry about the grade boundary stuff

Goose

Latest