The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

What exam are you really dreading?
For me its French speaking, just sitting there face to face with my teacher. And what's more is that I haven't even prepared the answers! :redface:

Scroll to see replies

Why don't you just prepare your answers now then? Any exam you're worried about now, there is still time to prepare for.

*a slightly better title might have ellicited more repsonses.
Reply 2
Award for worst thread title goes to .. the op!
Maths, definitely! Also Physics, although not so much as Maths.
Reply 4
.Ed.

Erm.
If you don't have a comment which is actually an answer to my question.
Don't reply.

piece_by_piece
Maths, definitely! Also Physics, although not so much as Maths.

Yeah, the Physics I am doing at the moment is really hard.
French speaking exams really aren't that bad once you get in the room, it's just all the psyching yourself up beforehand.

Now that I have an AS French speaking exam in 6 days, I can look back on the GCSE one as being absolutely nothing.
English Lit the most, but also my German speaking.
Reply 7
graphic x
.Ed.

i agree.
wtf is '...' meant to mean?
Reply 9
BasiConcept
Erm.
If you don't have a comment which is actually an answer to my question.
Don't reply.

I was trying to hep you make the thread more appealable to users , which as a consequence will get you more help in answering your question.

Ok . A proper response, French speaking is hard , get off TSR and prepare some answers to the questions.
PM me if you want any useful phrases to use in your French speaking, I have loads of them and no doubt it will help me to remember them for my own speaking exam too. :smile:
Reply 11
.Ed.
I was trying to hep you make the thread more appealable to users , which as a consequence will get you more help in answering your question.

Ok . A proper response, French speaking is hard , get off TSR and prepare some answers to the questions.

My question was not "What should I do?".
It was what exam are you really dreading?
Clearly you have some problems with understanding English.
Reply 12
BasiConcept

Some-one is getting tetchy :smile: badger syndrome :badger:

Ok the exam I am most dreading is, the English Lit synoptic paper , unit 6. It involves **** loads of background reading to be done, much of which I haven't yet.
Reply 13
What I would advise is not to actually learn the answers to the questions, but to get a rough idea of what you're gonna say. Just practice speaking french in a casual tone and you should be fine.

Presentation - You should learn this stuff until you can recite it quickly.

Also, why do people actually learn the answers to the questions asked in the conversation part of the oral? It is most likely that you will jump from question to question in different topics in no order, like in a conversation, so why waste your time? (If you're asked 'where did you go last summer', you could get an idea of what you're gonna say, such as 'I went to spain with my family for three weeks and etc' but learning that to the point that you can recite it is, well, I think it's stupid)

P.S. What I have said in this post only applies to the conversation part of the oral, unless stated.
Reply 14
.Ed.
Some-one is getting tetchy :smile: badger syndrome :badger:

Ok the exam I am most dreading is, the English Lit synoptic paper , unit 6. It involves **** loads of background reading to be done, much of which I haven't yet.

Quite surprising that the one you are dreading most IS English :p:
Reply 15
BasiConcept
Quite surprising that the one you are dreading most IS English :p:

(sarcasm warning) maybe ? :badger:
Reply 16
Stop with the Badgers.
BasiConcept

if the above is what you wanted to know then why didn't you put it as your thread title. Idiot. .Ed. rocks, so **** you
Reply 19
The_Goose
if the above is what you wanted to know then why didn't you put it as your thread title. Idiot. .Ed. rocks, so **** you

Wow, Thank-you. :biggrin:

Latest