The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
.Ed.
However considering that A2 is harder than As , it is very difficult for people to move up grades dramatically. + 1 is doable ,but more than that could pose more of a problem...

Yeah but, a person who could've got a C at AS can realistically bring that up to an A if they choose to resit the modules. Once they have a reasonably comfortable grade A at AS and as long as they work hard with their A2 modules, yes they may end up with a B or something at A2, but overall it may average out to a low A. This may be optimistic thinking on my part, but i've seen it happen before.
Reply 21
KSP
To Minerva. A lot of people slack off in their first year, at least i found that to be the case in my school. While its true A2 is harder than AS, its not that much harder and you often find that people are willing to work a lot harder than they were in the first year. After they realise they may not get in to a good uni if they keep up their poor work ethic, they tend to work harder.
Yes, that is true sometimes (I come from the pre AS generation and many of us did 'not at lot at all' in Lower Sixth - and this was blindingly obvious a year later:redface:).

As to the scale of the difference between AS and A2, it does vary from subject to subject but in general A2 is deliberately more challenging.
I was rejected from cambridge because of predicted grades. that was basically the only reason. I didn't find them out until after I'd been rejected anyways. I got the best grade my teacher had ever had in higher chemistry, then got predicted an A/B for AH, therefore not getting the required grades. I'm not boasting, my school is not particularly good so really good people are rare. I also got predicted B for maths, while getting a very strong A for higher. My school I believe underestimates people, most consistantly get higher than there predicted grades, unless they get unconditonals and then they often fail. This year, I'm pretty sure I'll get all A's, with 4 of them that should give me a decent chance, given that cambridge ask for AAB. :smile:
helloeverybody
You are ruined unless you go to hull, for which you need 4A's and 10A*'s

Why do you feel the need to spam every thread you post in with an irrelevant comment about Hull? :rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending