The Student Room Group

BAS vs Audit

I've got offers from KPMG BAS and PWC Audit, both result in ACA qualifications.

Ultimately I'd love to end up in a consultancy role but don't consider myself MBBB caliber and am not convinced by the long term prospects in a mid tier consultancy... hence I favour ACA for now.

I just wanted to know what you guys think of BAS, is it REALLY consulting style work? Is it a considerably better option than Audit?

Also do I need to worry about KPMG vs PWC or are all big 4 created equal?

Mikmo
all big4 are equal in eyes of everyone else. If you could get the ACA in BAS do it, cos nothing could be more boring than audit, and it doesnt really matter what you do while you get your aca. If you think bas will be more fun for three years ,then do it.

on the other hand, if it was a choice between bas (no aca) and audit (aca) i would say get the aca, as im not sure what the reputation of BAS is like.
Reply 2
Cheers for your reply. Do you, or anyone else, know what the work in BAS is really like? Is it more like consulting or more like audit? Or perhaps it's something totally unto itself?

I agree with what you've said... but more because of my understanding of how bad Audit is rather than how good BAS is!
Reply 3
I've applied for audit:frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending