The Student Room Group

DeMonfort Interview

Hey everyone :smile: I just got my interview date through for DeMontfort (had to change the original date they gave me) and I was just wondering what everyone's view is of it is for mpharm? I know that they are under review at the moment and have had to make some changes to the course so do you think it would be a gamble to go there?? :s-smilie:

I was also wondering if anyone else has had an interview there? I dont think that they interview as policy but because i'm not applying via trad a-level route I need to take apptitude tests too whoop! :rolleyes:
Reply 1
i have an offer of 300 points with out being interviewed:smile: i guess it would be a gamble to go there i here people are saying bad things about it. and also about the pharmacy scandal :s-smilie: i don't want to go there
Reply 3
they keep sending me letters to come there. :confused: :confused: :s-smilie: :s-smilie: i dont wanna go there :biggrin:
Reply 4
i hope u guyz chk out the link..before thnkin of goin ther...

and the reason ahmadjan3 they r begging u is coz there reputation has degraded since 2005 i thnk...n so the number of applications has also decreased.
Reply 5
DDD99

and the reason ahmadjan3 they r begging u is coz there reputation has degraded since 2005 i thnk...n so the number of applications has also decreased.

Have you got any data to show that the number of applications has decreased?

I can understand that the reputation has degraded though.
Reply 6
pauly_s

I can understand that the reputation has degraded though.

How can you understand? Did you go to DMU in the end?
Reply 7
they are NO LONGER ON A PROBATIONARY STATUS!

it has been lifted as of this year and have even been praised by the RPSGB for their style, format and structure of teaching the course.
Reply 8
DDD99

the number of applications has decreased? who told u that? any stats?
Reply 9
Misc
they are NO LONGER ON A PROBATIONARY STATUS!

it has been lifted as of this year and have even been praised by the RPSGB for their style, format and structure of teaching the course.

REALLLY???!!
Reply 10
ay7
REALLLY???!!

yes :yep:
Reply 11
Misc
yes :yep:

Yup, it's true. As of this year the probationary status was lifted and the MPharm course was re-accreditted. DMU is by far not the worst pharmacy school in the UK, and you gotta remember you can do quite a lot worse...(without naming any names lol)
Reply 12
Leilah
Yup, it's true. As of this year the probationary status was lifted and the MPharm course was re-accreditted. DMU is by far not the worst pharmacy school in the UK, and you gotta remember you can do quite a lot worse...(without naming any names lol)

lol yup u can do alot worse! :smile: do u go DMU?
Reply 13
Leilah

Thanks for telling me that guys!! Ive applied to De Montfort ^^
Er, im sceptical, news like that should be plastered all over their site and yet it still says under probation..
Reply 15
SkySantosh
Er, im sceptical, news like that should be plastered all over their site and yet it still says under probation..

trust me...i was told by the programme leader herself
Isn't DeMontefort a poor university overall? I could be wrong but this is just what I've been led to believe.
Its an ex-polytechnic, doesnt mean its bad but it doesnt have the rep of older unis atm. Its not a poor uni by any means, ignore ex-poly sceptics..
Reply 18
Misc
trust me...i was told by the programme leader herself

In your face! hehe :wink:
Programme leader can say what she wants, maybe she thinks its GOING to be lifted, but fact remains if it was it would be plastered all over their site - Its not

Latest

Trending

Trending