The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Umm, AAA damn good GCSE's and a spit spot application. It's quite difficult, but then again, it's one of the best places in the countyr to study!
not as hard as it is to get into hull to do law
Reply 3
Jurisprude
Umm, AAA damn good GCSE's and a spit spot application. It's quite difficult, but then again, it's one of the best places in the countyr to study!

what would you define as good gcses? i went to a very bad state school which only had around a 37% A*-C pass rate therefore, by gcses arent that good compared to others.:frown:
Reply 4
lil_chinkstar
what would you define as good gcses? i went to a very bad state school which only had around a 37% A*-C pass rate therefore, by gcses arent that good compared to others.:frown:

A*'s and A's. If however it could be explained that you excelled in relation to your school then it shoudl be okay. (That would be done on your reference)
Reply 5
Jurisprude
A*'s and A's. If however it could be explained that you excelled in relation to your school then it shoudl be okay. (That would be done on your reference)

You mean the reference from my college? I came top in secondary school but i dont think my college knows about it.....is it ok to mention that i excellled in my personal statement?

thank you
Reply 6
lil_chinkstar
You mean the reference from my college? I came top in secondary school but i dont think my college knows about it.....is it ok to mention that i excellled in my personal statement?

thank you

It's perfectly acceptable to, although remember you're tight on space. Speak to your college, they shouldn't be too against putting it in their reference, my college usully accepted what I said.
Reply 7
omg......i just browsed through the website and found this

***Approximately four students are admitted to the LLB Law with Another Legal System (Hong Kong) programme every year.*****

what does that mean? only 4 students can get in to the course...does that mean they have 4 students in 1 class or something ??! does that mean my chances are 0%?
Reply 8
anyone? im really confused...
Reply 9
me want to do the same course as you :P And i would say extremly hard lol! I mean 4 places per year......good luck to us lol
You planning to apply next year?
And i wouldn't say your chances are 0% because its all relative to how many people applies on the course. Just get good A level grades and personal statement as everyone says. You need AAA for the course and so as long as you are on course to get 3 As then you have a good chance.

When they mean 4 people on the course i think only 4 people gets to go to Hong Kong but they would study and go to lectures at UCL with the other LLB students and so it isn't 4 people in a class.
i want to do that course too!!! :smile:

But the thing is....4 places a year? that doesnt even make sense. A class of 4 students?
Reply 11
nope the class won't be 4 students because you do all the same modules with the other LLB students. Its just that 4 students end up going to hong kong. I bet its going to be soooooooooo hard to get into this course as every chinese in the UK who wants to do law probably would apply lol.
Reply 12
For straight law, I know of a good mix of people but it's still difficult depending on different criteria. I think it could be more difficult for your course though with there being fewer places, but I guess it's worth a shot if you want to go.
littlebee2
nope the class won't be 4 students because you do all the same modules with the other LLB students. Its just that 4 students end up going to hong kong. I bet its going to be soooooooooo hard to get into this course as every chinese in the UK who wants to do law probably would apply lol.

lol...true
Reply 14
Just wondering do anyone know if we get rejected for the course do we get considered for normal LLB though because i think thats what happens in Warwick with their year abroad course.
littlebee2

littlebee2....are you still in seconday school and just finished your GCSEs?
Reply 16
yep Im doing AS levels right now =)
Really scared about my as levels though as i only started revising today!!
What about you? Are you from hong kong or a BBC? (I am guessing you are chinese here since mostly chinese people would be interested in the course)
im a BBC....you?
Reply 18
yea same. But i lived in Hong kong for a few years. I love that places so much. I love the UK too so its like I don't know where i want to be anymore, in england or in Hong kong. That course to spend a year in HK would be perfect!!!
littlebee2
yea same. But i lived in Hong kong for a few years. I love that places so much. I love the UK too so its like I don't know where i want to be anymore, in england or in Hong kong. That course to spend a year in HK would be perfect!!!

do you know of any other courses with a year abroad in hong kong? i love that place too!!!:smile:

what a levels are you doing btw?

Latest

Trending

Trending