The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I work at Birthdays. :smile: card shop btw :biggrin:
lulu_dudette
OMG no way! Your supervisor used to work with me also one of my reeaaaaaaaaaaaaly guuurd friends!!!

Btw, Darlington kicks Harrogate butt anyday!! :cool: :biggrin:

Adam? yeah he's cool :smile:
Yeah Adam! Worked with him when he was in Darlo. He originally worked in Manchester so if you want to transfer there might be worth talking to him!
Reply 43
I work in a camping/outdoor shop! It's alright - the staff are a good laugh! It can get very boring when there's not many customer though
Waitress/Barmaid - very trying when people moan their faces off about ridiculous things.
i'm a nightclub photographer... not as glam as it sounds but the money is pretty good. It's only on weekends tho so I'm applying for a retail photographer position in town. hopefully i will get that to get me through the summer!

I did a trial shift today doing promotion work for a bar and it was the most soul destroying thing ever! standing around handing out leaflets... pffffft so i walked out as soon as the shift ended and said thanks but no thanks!
Reply 46
I work in an office, typing stuff. Most of the time we don't have any work so I just surf the net and chat on MSN.

All for £8.25 per hour too! :ninja:
Reply 47
my part time job? wooo i love it... I'm a Customer Experience Host at Alton Towers... and if all goes to plan i'll also be a Ride Host and work two teams... :biggrin:
Library Assistant, its fairly good pay for a saturday job (about £7.00/hr). Normally really busy on a saturday, so its quite fun. Can be a bit dead if I work in the week though, and gets rather tedious :frown:
Reply 49
Sainsburys checkouts.
Reply 50
lulu_dudette
HMV all the way! Good money and fab discount to spend that fab money on!! :biggrin:

My mate tried to apply for HMV she was 17 at the time and they didn't except her because they said she had to be 18 to be selling 18 rated dvds lol and this was in London
I think it depends on each individual manager. Mine was fine about taking me on at 16 and when it came to 18 DVD's and games at first I had to ask someone else to do them for me but then I just got someone to watch me do them.
Reply 52
Nayberay
My mate tried to apply for HMV she was 17 at the time and they didn't except her because they said she had to be 18 to be selling 18 rated dvds lol and this was in London

I'm 17 and sell 18 rated dvds, :s-smilie:
I used to but have just turned 18 whoooo hooooo!
I work at a riding school...its great fun although the pay isnt that good and freezing your butt off outside in the middle of january isnt always my first choice haha :smile:
Reply 55
I work at Mecca Bingo :P

5.69/hr, evenings and weekends
Absinth
I work in an office, typing stuff. Most of the time we don't have any work so I just surf the net and chat on MSN.

LOL thats cool whats one of those jobs called I WANT 1 :smile:

Well I worked at a call centre for a while and I all I can say is just dont do it .. dont even think about it....

The worst atmosphere ever, training really couldnt get worse and lots of cold calling ... really destroys the hell out of you :s-smilie:
Reply 57
Absinth

Lmao thats quite awesome, howd you get the job? share...:p:
Reply 58
Mos Def

Yeah I want a job like that.

At home I work behind a bar, minimum wage and usually rubbish tips but the people are nice so I dont generally mind. Got a job at the students union for next year although theyve not actually said yet whereabouts - hopefully behind a bar or admin stuff and not in the shop or anything to do with food - or what the pay is.
Reply 59
Mos Def

From a newspaper ad. Was lucky to get it so quickly :p: I quit though, one day before the agency decided to dismiss me :s-smilie:... but that's another story. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending