The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I have to admit that there are a LOT of 'rahs' here.

I would also recommend that you avoid catered halls for accommodation as the food they serve is not always of a good quality. If you didn't enjoy school, you would find the atmosphere of the halls to be unpleasant.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 21
watchit
I have to admit that there are a LOT of 'rahs' here.

I would also recommend that you avoid catered halls for accommodation as the food they serve is not always of a good quality. If you didn't enjoy school, you would find the atmosphere of the halls to be unpleasant.

Yeh, I remember on at my Interview where they took us a tour of the catered halls, they were nasty. Couldn't remember which particular one it was but boy, the coridors smelt of toilet cleaner and the rooms were too small imo.
Reply 22
It's worth coming here and seeing if you actually like the place. Personally I find the campus absolutely gorgeous. I mean, the times I've been so frustrated with myself for not having a camera when I've been on campus cus there's always SOMETHING worth capturing on photo! One time I had my camera with me and within a 10min walk I'd taken some 30 pictures, it was a beautiful day, everything was frosted over and there was this very fresh, wintery frost-feel to it. Loved it.

Anyway, tutors are great here. The down side... There isn't really one that I can think of to be fair. Nightlife is vibrant - I don't like clubbing though and I've enjoyed myself thoroughly without having stepped into a club for more than 10 times in all of 3 years :smile: so clearly it caters for both sorts of people lol.
Reply 23
khil
It's worth coming here and seeing if you actually like the place. Personally I find the campus absolutely gorgeous. I mean, the times I've been so frustrated with myself for not having a camera when I've been on campus cus there's always SOMETHING worth capturing on photo! One time I had my camera with me and within a 10min walk I'd taken some 30 pictures, it was a beautiful day, everything was frosted over and there was this very fresh, wintery frost-feel to it. Loved it.

Anyway, tutors are great here. The down side... There isn't really one that I can think of to be fair. Nightlife is vibrant - I don't like clubbing though and I've enjoyed myself thoroughly without having stepped into a club for more than 10 times in all of 3 years :smile: so clearly it caters for both sorts of people lol.

Thats for sure. Campus is very very nice and even though I don't go clubbing as yet in Nottingham, I've heard very positive responses of night life. The Uni is about 15 - 20mins walk to Wollaton Park - a very big park with a hall and lots of grass. :smile:
Reply 24
the girls at nottingham are stunning, its like all fit people are drawn here.

bad points would be that nottingham is full of a lot of rich kids, some of them are really spoilt. not exactly a problem tho. youll just notice that a lot of people go home every weekend. bt they suck
Reply 25
kingprawn
the girls at nottingham are stunning, its like all fit people are drawn here.

bad points would be that nottingham is full of a lot of rich kids, some of them are really spoilt. not exactly a problem tho. youll just notice that a lot of people go home every weekend. bt they suck

Girls are OK, but I wouldn't call them stunning!!
And every city if full of rich kids. You're obviously gonna find a minority that are just arrogant geeks etc at every university ---- (except at oxbridge where this group is a majority :wink: )

And yes, on weekends can get boring I think. I only saw it on one occasion but my interview was on a Saturday and the campus was literally empty. Though city centre is buzzing 7 days a week.
Reply 26
lorra lorra rich kiddies there, esp the med skool.
its all a bit surreal when they dont actually fink they are rich as well hehe. like they must ave been amongst rich all their lives and not see whats poor...some of them even fink they are poor coming from 10,000 grad a year skools. its a pity they dont share up the resources to elp poorer peeple into the med skool, but i guess there actions come wif simple ignorance, not borne out of malice. they nice peeple though apart from their limitations, and good allies to 'ave. And lets face it, if they did then they wouldnt ave got in, so maybe they are doing the rite fing being greedy.

single sex public skool medics seem a bit wierd - full of themselves, but then acting really 'umble as if to compensate. strange mix.

but very nice views on campus, macca.
not just the girlies...
Reply 27
for the person who bad repped me, pm me if you do no understand.
i will try me best to 'elp you, macca.

sorri if you find me english not so good, we do not live in a one language world and i expect you wouldnt read ma native language, let alone bad rep you if you tried, so this is the best for now - though you may feel the need to bad rep me and foreign people again of course.

cheers.
Reply 28
is choosing imperial over nott a good idea??? taught at imperial vs research at nott?
Reply 29
depends what you want to do, macca, i reckon.

Latest

Trending

Trending